Author Topic: What plug are you using  (Read 3398 times)

scooterfan

• Durban, South Africa to Ankeny IA.
    • View Profile
Re: What plug are you using
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2019, 04:30:23 PM »

Sorry but Denso is having huge issues with replica parts. In Malaysia the fake Denso market is so big that to ensure you get the deal item, you should only go direct to an authorised dealer/workshop.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your comment, I think it just proves that we all need to start thinking more than twice about all this negative talks about Iridium plugs at this forum.

To my mind it looks like we can only start discussing spark plug quality whenever we start buying spark plugs from a reputable supplier.

Life is a journey. Just spend some time, and enjoy the trip.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2019, 07:32:48 PM »
When I buy filters, plugs, etc. for my Scion on ebay - I buy only from a trusted Toyota dealer I've dealt with for years.

Just went to change my Denso Iridium's on the Scion - bought part # per the owner's manual - but original plug I removed was a different number!
I don't argue about who is correct - just ordered 4 more. Not going to quibble about four 7 yr plugs for $25.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

roxyflash

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2019, 10:07:16 PM »
I bought the plugs from advanced auto parts the only reason was they had the iridium plug I believe it to be a genuine NGK .For now I’m sticking with the copper plug the scooter has never ran better maybe the coil was failing or the plug was the issue can’t say as I’m not changing anything right now the downtown is running like a champ.What I do know is the coil was the main issue otherwise the celp light wouldn’t have been on with a coil fault code.The reason I bought the iridium is because on this forum everyone recommends using them I didn’t know the scooter had one in it already so far I’m not sold on them and had bad luck .Sorry to bash NGK but haven’t had any luck with them.Remember as a kid going tru them on my ts 125 Suzuki bought them all time would foul them out at least once a month or more never went dirt bike riding with out at least one or spares.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2019, 01:42:38 AM »
Apples and oranges! A Suzuki TS 125 is a 2-stroke from 1981! Two-strokes are notorious for being finicky about plugs, plug heat range, oil and gas. Not so much since good electronic ignition but still big deal different than four-strokes. Sheesh!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 01:46:59 AM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2019, 01:07:48 PM »
To me the dyno charts which show improvement in engine performance is because it's being compared between a worn plug against a new plug.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2019, 03:48:39 PM »
Sorry but Denso is having huge issues with replica parts. In Malaysia the fake Denso market is so big that to ensure you get the deal item, you should only go direct to an authorised dealer/workshop.

That's a shame - don't see so many Densos here in the UK.
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

kneeslider

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2019, 02:11:33 AM »
In Malaysia, majority of the locally and Thailand manufactured vehicles mainly use Denso, especially the radiators.

That's a shame - don't see so many Densos here in the UK.
2019 Yamaha X-Max 250

xsel777

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2019, 01:43:15 PM »
I also am a fan of iridium plugs. The Cr8eix my xciting 500 takes has given me problem free riding in terms of spark.
I especially like that I don't have so change it often, as it is a tight space to get it out.

Sent from my Mi Max using Tapatalk

2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

mousejunks

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2019, 11:17:11 AM »
CR7EIX - because I never want to change spark plugs again
'09 Kymco Espresso 150i
'11 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS - 79,500km
'17 Kymco Downtown 350i ABS

ccemn1

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2019, 06:25:42 PM »
Ok battery new when bought scooter February 2018 always been on a moose charger never been discharged.Your wrong about iridium plugs.The articles I read tru state there’s plugs for different applications .Like my old truck they don’t recommend iridium but just copper plug.I used a group 31 battery when I was testing for spark.Brand new charged.Like I stated this scooter acted up last summer when I didn’t want to start acted like there was no spark.The only other thing is it’s possible the starter could be drawing to many amps but doesn’t act like that.When it acted up last year I cranked on it then let it sit for a minute then tried it again battery was getting low the battery light would come on then it would start.I did this like a half dozen times.I then did the vent on gas cap and set valves but weather changed from 90degree to 80s.probably why it’s a 2012 with low miles nothing but trouble starting so they traded it off like I said there’s got to been issues with spark being it had plugs that have been changed before I bought it and there’s not many miles on it.I had a cheap Tao Tao 50 scooter same mileage and never changed a plug even after putting a 77 cc kit on it.The worst thing about the downtown doesn’t have a kick starter and has a very small battery with lights on trying to start it.Hopefully I get this figured out but so far my old Tao Tao was more reliable always started.I believe I got someone else’s headache mow it’s mine
I just like the fact that I can install iridium plugs, and not have to change them, gap, or worry about them for the rest of my life.
Of course if you prefer, you could also go back to points & condensers.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()