Author Topic: Cheeky Seat Cover (for the Like) - Reviews / Feedback  (Read 2169 times)

ues61

• View Profile
Cheeky Seat Cover (for the Like) - Reviews / Feedback
« on: August 21, 2015, 09:22:11 PM »
Has anyone tried them?

How's the fit and (long-term) quality?  The stock OEM is starting to crack, and also peeled in some areas, for my 2011.  Just the look is compromised, nothing else.

Replacing it with the same OEM is only about $90 through an online e-tailer.  Getting it professionally re-upholstered costs a shade more. 

Any other recommendation on a replacement?  Or, a good experience with an alternate seat cover?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Cheeky Seat Cover (for the Like) - Reviews / Feedback
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 11:54:23 PM »
Has anyone tried them?

How's the fit and (long-term) quality?  The stock OEM is starting to crack, and also peeled in some areas, for my 2011.  Just the look is compromised, nothing else.

Replacing it with the same OEM is only about $90 through an online e-tailer.  Getting it professionally re-upholstered costs a shade more. 

Any other recommendation on a replacement?  Or, a good experience with an alternate seat cover?
If you can get some of the proper seating foam added to the seat base you will think your scooter has majically improved its rear suspension! It makes that much difference!
Sailrite 4way stretch vinyl is purpose made for outdoor seats (motorcycles, boats, etc.) if your bike upholsterer doesn't have a suitable vinyl.
A cracked seat cover could lead to some real happiness with your LIKE seat.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

ScooterLar

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 09:09:52 AM »
Great company. I've met the owner several times at different scooter rallies. Her work is incredible and everyone who has gotten seat covers from her rave about the quality of her work.
2005 Grand Vista
2006 Vespa LX 150
2009 Grand Vista
2006 People 250
2013 Like 200
2013 Like 200 LX
2012 Genuine Buddy 170i
2009 Genuine Buddy 125

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 09:50:27 PM »
Search on amazon or ebay for coleman atv seat cover. Works great for a scoot seat cover and has a little added padding, $20. It wont solve the comfort problem but is a great cover.

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2015, 05:08:12 AM »
Great company. I've met the owner several times at different scooter rallies. Her work is incredible and everyone who has gotten seat covers from her rave about the quality of her work.

I can second this, ordered a few for customers and the fit is great. Plenty of colors and the material is good quality.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

ues61

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 03:33:35 AM »
Has anyone tried them?

Installed it over the weekend... great fit, still bedding in, and great looks!  Check back in 6-12 months for the long term report.  Winters in the northeast are harsh.

ScooterLar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 11:28:54 AM »
Looks real sharp. Like I said in my previous post, they are a great company that really takes pride in their work.
2005 Grand Vista
2006 Vespa LX 150
2009 Grand Vista
2006 People 250
2013 Like 200
2013 Like 200 LX
2012 Genuine Buddy 170i
2009 Genuine Buddy 125

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()