Author Topic: Slider gram weight preference  (Read 983 times)

big blue

• View Profile
Slider gram weight preference
« on: July 01, 2017, 08:49:13 PM »
Hey guys, I'm getting ready to change the drive belt on my Like 200i and I'm going to install Dr. Pulley sliders to replace the stock rollers. I understand that the stock weights are 14gms. Should I go with the same weight with sliders or 1gm lighter: also if you went lighter on your installations did your top speed decrease? Thanks.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Slider gram weight preference
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 09:28:35 PM »
I went with 13g Dr P's....but removed them, too buzzy. Too many rpm's at low road speeds. Might have been giving me rocket take-offs, if I wanted. But I don't stress my scooter like that. 'Brisk' pull aways from a stop are best for me , plus 'brisk' prevents jerky clutch slipping.
Went to 14g sliders for yrs now. Smooth as butter take-offs.
Don't  know much about max speeds with either weight, as I never attempt that.
I can hammer it uphill if I need to....seeing maybe low 7k's on my tac and keeping up with traffic.
So, I've been happy with the 14s.
(take some pix please of your servicing - always enjoy seeing scooter stuff)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 02:58:34 AM »
What was the RPM difference at 30-40MPH? I would like a little more grunt at start and my clutch is still butter smooth at 8100 miles>

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 09:29:41 AM »
Dr. Pulley recommends for their Slider weights -10% of the stock sliders.
So 12,5gr would be fine according to Dr. Pulley.
I personally use 13gr. now and I am pretty happy with them. But I have no comparison to other sliders yet.
A Kymco mechanic recommended and sold me online 11 or 11,5 gr. sliders years ago. Didn´t use it, because I regarded them as too aggressive maybe. But at next belt change at 20.000km I might use them and see the difference.
Top speed increased a little with the Pulley sliders.
All sliders have a break in period and only after that period of time you can really judge the performance.

But for a little more grunt plus higher top speed anything from 12gr. and 13gr. should be fine. My guess.
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 11:56:15 AM »
I agree that the 13g should get you a bit more grunt at take off, due to increased revs.
Top speed difference - no idea.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 03:06:26 PM »
Thanks guys I think I'm going with the 13gms. That was the recommendation of the guys at Buggy parts NW too. I probably will have this stuff installed by a local m/c shop so no pics but I will report how they work out for me. ;)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()