Author Topic: Kymco xciting 500 speedometer problems  (Read 292 times)

Simonn1969

• View Profile
Kymco xciting 500 speedometer problems
« on: August 20, 2023, 06:40:45 PM »
Hi all, new member here who’s just bought an xciting 500, I’m very pleased with it so far! Apologies for registering and asking a question straight away!
My speedometer doesn’t work and I wonder whether anyone has any ideas? Some key info for you..
My bike is a 2009. I have measured the voltage going to the front wheel speed sensor, it’s reading about 6v. However, I also have about 6v got TO the sensor from the signal wire, can anyone advise if this is normal please? I was expecting 12v going to the sensor, and nothing showing on the signal wire/

I’ve tried to check the wheel sensor itself, when I put 12v to the sensor I also have 12v coming from the signal wire (the white one?), rotating the wheel slowly has absolutely no effect. I’m guessing the wheel sensor has had its day, and was about to buy a new one, I’m just a little worried about the signal wire having voltage apparently coming from the clocks/loom - will this just fry a new sensor? I’m wondering if the clocks have failed instead or even as well? I’ve tried disconnecting the battery and reconnecting, no change unfortunately….

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks, Simon

mikeranger

• View Profile
Re: Kymco xciting 500 speedometer problems
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 06:04:48 PM »
 If the speedo sweeps when you reconnect the battery there is a very good chance that the wheel sensor is faulty.I failed to get a ohms reading on my sensor so I bit the bullet and brought a new one . They are not cheap so shop around.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 08:43:31 PM »
Welcome to the forum, both of you!
Hope you get it sorted.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2023, 01:12:59 PM »
Welcome here!
Two ways to go on:
-find someone with a DIAGtool and test
- buy a new or used speedsensor (they are inexpensive and it costs more time whats worth to check) pls see pic
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()