Scooters - 125 to 300 > Yager GT 200i

Check Engine Light Flashes Intermittently

(1/1)

Kayemtee:
I’m the original owner of a 2009 Yeger with a little over 10,000 miles.  The check engine light has started flashing.  It never stays on solidly; always flashes on and off if it does anything at all.   Sometimes it stops flashing for a while and then resumes.  The engine otherwise seems to perform flawlessly.  The nearby dealer is backed up for a month for a service appointment.
Two questions: any ideas what might be the cause and does anyone think the engine can be damaged by continuing to run her.

Ruffus:
@Kayemtee,
since you have the 176ccm liquid cooled engine in your 200i, I would check all liquids. Oil, coolant, etc.Battery condition? Loose cable? Spray all switches with WD40 or similar.
Then I would check all cabling in my engine compartement for a loose or shabby cable, inclusive spark plug, which could cause such flashing of its "check engine light".
Or is there a "pattern" in flashing?
If there is nothing to find out, front panel off and check of all cabling/ relais there by pulling/twisting.
If there is enough of all liquids, I would not be too concerned about riding further until my workshop appointment.

CROSSBOLT:
I agree with all Ruffus suggested PLUS, get to all connectors and apply silicone dielectric grease to all female terminals. The unplugging and then re-plugging with grease may help eliminate this problem.

I had a Yager and it was a GREAT ride!

Louder North:
Count the number of flashes. I believe it is giving you an error code.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version