Author Topic: Scored the last 09 S9ac in Socal... pretty sure  (Read 4320 times)

Tappedoffracing

• View Profile
Scored the last 09 S9ac in Socal... pretty sure
« on: July 29, 2009, 05:01:21 AM »
$2100 plus dealer pileons... blu/yeller  and this fine 9 is to be my only ride soon, so im trying to breaker in nice an mellow. Then i want to let her out of the stable abit without marring any reliability. Theres got to be one easy mod to give me just alittle push without tipping her scale in the least. Anyway im glad shes mine and im stoked you guys are here and over at Invasion...  moto gp 50s unite...   lol

Ken
Irvine Ca.
50sumpthin... but i can still make a mean teflon-melt

Dawsman

• View Profile
Re: Scored the last 09 S9ac in Socal... pretty sure
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2009, 04:07:51 AM »
cool man. i love my s9. want a s8 150 next.  :o

Tappedoffracing

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 05:43:57 AM »
btw... the dealer was pushing yamalube but after checking the forums and such, im trying the motul 710 which is some good rot... did i mess up by leaving alittle yama in there and pouring the motul over it?  .. im thinking not--- we dont want any tummy-aches here...

Dawsman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 04:27:15 PM »
i use yamalube 2R (cause there is a yamaha shop across the highway from me). 2nd bottle, so far its been good. no blue smoke.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 03:20:27 AM »
Here's a link for spectro oil. Iv'e been using it for 30 years!     http://www.spectro-oils.com/
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Tappedoffracing

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 05:44:45 AM »
Thanks Guys...

Got my 9 dreed at The scooter shop in orange Ca. ... great guys --- they did everything except the carb for a little over a hundred---even the pipe welding, while i waited... got 47 mph behind the bubble thiseve , ( im 145 lbs), and with some carb work 50+ easy. Laugh all ya want rocket-jockies, were taken that 80 mpg to the bank...

Dawsman

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 02:03:03 AM »
Here's a link for spectro oil. Iv'e been using it for 30 years!     http://www.spectro-oils.com/
good old Golden Spectro! used it all the time bitd on my yamaha mx'rs. i should grab some. didnt know it was still around. :P

Areomyst

• Scootin' America!
    • View Profile
    • American Scooter Forum - Scooter Invasion
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 01:42:06 PM »
You're likely to get a LOT of different opinions on oil.  I use AMSOIL Interceptor.  Yamalube is okay, but there is much better stuff out there.  Klotz, Blue-Ray, Amsoil, Motul (which I have used heavily in the past, works great!) and more!

You can get the Super 9 to do some pretty cool things and still be reliable. :)  I'm surprised they let a 2-stroke into California.

~Josh
www.scooterinvasion.net - Tech help, repairs & tuning.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 04:17:23 PM »
It is interesting that most oils mentioned on this site are not sold in Europe.
Here you can get Valvoline, Selenia, Castrol, Mobil etc... also a lot of no-name brands...
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 10:10:56 PM »
All the MAJOR players do a god job! I have always used synth!There is one exception however... about 5 months ago I posted " Died out on the road" . My '04 zx/50 is HEAVILY modified (gets about 39-45 mpg) and I ran out of oil 2t. I stopped at a local gas/ beer/ sunglasses shop, and picked up a 1/2 pint bottle of 2t oil w/ a pict. of a lawn mower on the bottle. ($3.25) . I continued to run approx 3-4 days, until my post...The end result was a hole in the top of the piston that was NOT visable from the top. I spent several $/days looking at EVERYTHING else. If you go back to that post it will show everything. I eventually decided to pull the engine to paint the scoot, and as long as it was out i figured I would pull the cyl. to heat it in the oven (so as to wrinkle paint it), and as long as the cyl was off i pulled the piston for safe storage, and there it was. From the bottom of the pist. you could see a dime size spot of brand new shiny aluminum, dead center. I tried to fill the piston w/ gas (upside down), and it came running out like a shower head. Bottom line is,l if you are running a stock scoot most oils will work- If you mod...KEEP YOUR DUCKS IN A ROW!!!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 10:50:32 PM »
All the MAJOR players do a god job! I have always used synth!There is one exception however... about 5 months ago I posted " Died out on the road" . My '04 zx/50 is HEAVILY modified (gets about 39-45 mpg) and I ran out of oil 2t. I stopped at a local gas/ beer/ sunglasses shop, and picked up a 1/2 pint bottle of 2t oil w/ a pict. of a lawn mower on the bottle. ($3.25) . I continued to run approx 3-4 days, until my post...The end result was a hole in the top of the piston that was NOT visable from the top. I spent several $/days looking at EVERYTHING else. If you go back to that post it will show everything. I eventually decided to pull the engine to paint the scoot, and as long as it was out i figured I would pull the cyl. to heat it in the oven (so as to wrinkle paint it), and as long as the cyl was off i pulled the piston for safe storage, and there it was. From the bottom of the pist. you could see a dime size spot of brand new shiny aluminum, dead center. I tried to fill the piston w/ gas (upside down), and it came running out like a shower head. Bottom line is,l if you are running a stock scoot most oils will work- If you mod...KEEP YOUR DUCKS IN A ROW!!!

That lawn mower thing was probably the cheapest mineral oil used in "old-skool" machines like saws and lawn mowers... we have that kind of oils here and they are used in 20-30 year old air cooled 2T mopeds without problems, but if you put them into new scooters, probably the same would happen... when I had 2stroke scooter I always used either fully synthetic of good quality semis.... my ex. NRG had 72 cc kit and revved over 11.500 rpm...
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2009, 11:04:52 PM »
Testify!!! Can I get an AAAAAMENNNN.

axy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2009, 10:14:24 AM »
Testify!!! Can I get an AAAAAMENNNN.

Touch the screen first  ;D
---
Kymco Agility 125 2008

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2009, 08:23:18 PM »
LAUGH OUT LOOOOOUUUUUAAAAADDDDD!!!!!

Tappedoffracing

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2009, 05:15:14 AM »
Put it ALL on Red...Motul

Jeez it took oil to get this thread back up...sad... lol

Josh... ive got so many questions about my 9 i wouldnt know where to start.... but its still running and getting me to work and play so its all good...

Ken
Smoken up Socal 2 strokes at a time...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()