Author Topic: super 9 lc carb id and removal help  (Read 1273 times)

reallypfc

• View Profile
super 9 lc carb id and removal help
« on: September 30, 2009, 09:58:12 AM »
hi
i am new here at this forum ...usuall spend most of my time over at the jackson/charvel forum
needless to say i bought a 2007 lc super 9 on sunday ....made it about 4 miles on my first ride and
well for one it ran like crap...called the guy i bought it from ,he said the carb needs a thorough cleaning...
i looked at it and was wondering how do i get it off...and really where can i just buy a replacement for it if the cleaning goes south or does not work
all replies greatly appreciated

len

Shaka

• View Profile
Re: super 9 lc carb id and removal help
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 12:07:50 AM »
It should be pretty straight forward.  Start disconnecting the lines.  There should be a fuel, vacuum, and oil line.  Label them if need be, and put a bolt or something in the end of the fuel and the oil ones so they don't leak.  There are probably one or two drains which you can leave attached until you get it off.  An auto-choke which has two wires with a plug connector.  Unscrew the cap at the top where the throttle cable goes in and pull out the slide.  Unbolt the two bolts it which attach it to the intake manifold and disconnect the air box (looks like you already did), and with a little luck it should come right off!  ;D

reallypfc

• View Profile
Re: super 9 lc carb id and removal help
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 07:28:59 AM »
thanks
looks pretty cut and dry after that explanation

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()