Author Topic: Agility 50 refuses to start  (Read 578 times)

Tonio6uk

• View Profile
Agility 50 refuses to start
« on: May 07, 2017, 01:37:30 PM »
Hi all,

I recently purchased my first scooter, an agility 50 and spend the best part of 4 weeks trying to fix it. When I first bought it I knew it had a low battery and a broken rear indicator.

Since then, I've replaced the battery, both rear indicators and the spark plug because it flat out refused to start. I fixed the pinion wheel because it kept jamming on the kick start. The electric start is "broken" in that it will automatically try and start when the brake is pulled.

When this happens the starter motor revs through but nothing ahppems at all. I can't think of anything else it could be, I'm not a mechanic (i work in cardiac care)but want to learn to maintain this myself.

So other than the starter gears, battery and spark plug what else could it be? Thanks in advance! Ps if anyone has ant problems with their ticker I'll gladly help 😂

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: Agility 50 refuses to start
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2017, 03:42:41 PM »
Fuel . . spark . . compression.  Cut a strip from the side of an aluminum beverage can to use as a feeler gauge.  Carb jet clearing microwave technique . . fuel bowl may have tamper-resistant fasteners.

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 03:44:56 AM »
Good vids.
redk

Tonio6uk

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2017, 05:54:59 AM »
Thanks for these, I'll check them out after work, hopefully get this thing in the road!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()