Author Topic: Everyone's impression of the seat on the People GT?  (Read 4746 times)

SgtShak

• '13 Kymco GT300i / '11 Vespa Lx150 (wifes)
    • View Profile
Re: Everyone's impression of the seat on the People GT?
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2014, 07:19:48 PM »
The seat is one thing that I am not fond of on the GT300i.  I hate how the larger scooters (most brands) have to have that "drop" for the rider (or rise for the passenger) I traded my '09 People 200S for my "13 GT and I miss how I could "scoot" back a little for more leg room and I also miss the way I could rest my feet on the rear foot pegs and have an occasional sport bike feel.  You could even stand up on them while going over bumps.  The GTi's are mounted higher.  You can still use them but at a much greater knee bend.  Other than that...so far so good 
Don't be afraid....It's only a scooter!

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2014, 08:50:14 PM »
Bring it to ANY upholstery shop (auto/marine/furniture), and tell them exactly what you want done. It will most likely be under 100.00 especially if they just need to re-arrange some foam for you.

Everyone hates those OEM seats. I also have custom seats, and covers on both bikes I own. One I did, and the other I had done. Both combined didn't hit 100.00
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

SgtShak

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2014, 10:32:00 PM »
That's probably the direction I will eventually take.  Right now the bike is too new to make a final judgment.  Only had it for two weeks now.....however I am coming up on mile 600 mile service already.  I only have one other observation/ complaint that is probably suited for another post....but 0 - 30 is very sluggish and sounds almost like it's flooding or fowling out or a blocked vacuum line although from 30 and above it's awesome.  I am hoping that it's just growing pains and will go away after break-in. 

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2014, 07:41:44 PM »
Start reading up on Dr'Pulley Sliders. There is a lot of info on the forum. I think they are a must have in four stroke engines.

That's also a good observation on break in. These bikes do change as they settle in.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Mscmkr

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2014, 05:21:15 PM »
The verdict on the Airhawk is, it's going back to the store. It didn't make the seat comfortable for me and I felt very unstable while riding. I tried a bunch of different pressures and none of them helped at all. When I had it at a pretty low pressure I felt like I was rolling around on the seat. This made me feel like I was not stable on the bike at all.
   Guess I'm going to have to look into having the seat re-done by someone. Thanks for the suggestion though and ride safe everyone, mscmkr

SgtShak

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2014, 10:43:52 PM »
I have tried the Airhawk too.  Same results.  I just did not like it.  It wasn't overly comfortable and the way you move around on the seat didn't feel safe.  I tried mine on a 650 Burgman.  Not to mention that they are expensive!  When it comes right down to it, the only real fix to an uncomfortable seat is either a re-worked seat or an aftermarket. (depending on if one is available for your bike)  I have also tried the "Beadrider".  It worked for air circulation for a case of "swampass" but there is no grip.  You slide all over the seat...especially forward while braking.  My temporary fix right now is a pair Moto-Skiveez (padded underwear) like a pair of bicycle shorts.  They're not a custom seat BUT they are the best & cheapest fix that I could find.  I rode about 100 miles yesterday on my GT300i and my rear end survived pretty well.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()