Author Topic: Needing help with charging issues  (Read 278 times)

absdot

• View Profile
Needing help with charging issues
« on: July 31, 2019, 07:46:01 AM »
I have a 2015 Like200i. The battery was flat after sitting for about 6 weeks. After jumpstarting tests show it's not charging but when headlight is turned on it does???
Any advice appreciated
« Last Edit: July 31, 2019, 07:47:37 AM by absdot »

dwarf8

• View Profile
Re: Needing help with charging issues
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 05:59:02 PM »
Hi ABSDOT,
I am a newbie to the Like 200i as well but I have fiddled with machines and bikes in particular for a while.
I would suggest the following:
1) always charge your battery rather than boosting it to start the bike. The strain on the alternator to completely charge a flat battery is huge.
2) whenever you have electrical issues, remove the battery and charge it over night. Put it back in and see if the problem is gone. Often, a bad connection (usually a ground) is causing the issue.
3) any time you have really odd gremlins in the electrical system, look at the battery itself and any fuses in the circuit first.

Best of luck!
Ian in Ottawa

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Needing help with charging issues
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 09:05:35 PM »
I have a 2015 Like200i. The battery was flat after sitting for about 6 weeks. After jumpstarting tests show it's not charging but when headlight is turned on it does???
Any advice appreciated
Not understanding - headlight is always on when key is on, whether engine running or not.
Miles on the scoot? (and battery?)
If running before left idle - then I always suspect battery. (if great battery, then loose or dirty battery terminals)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()