Author Topic: Downtown for taller riders?  (Read 4683 times)

bpt323

• View Profile
    • clubprotege
Re: Downtown for taller riders?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2016, 06:24:17 AM »
6' even 33 inseam.  I sit on the "hump" portion of the seat.  -eventually you get used to it altho it feels extremely awkward to get on & then reposition higher for the first few times.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2016, 12:21:11 AM »
I understand. That's the ONLY real issue I have with my Xciting. Although I CAN keep up with interstate traffic . I only feel comfortable doing so for short distances, maybe 10 miles max. I can get up to approximately 78 mph max before the rev limiter kicks in. But it well above redline at that time. I really don't care if the max speed is any higher, I'd just like it if 70 mph or so was not in the red zone. 
I don't know if you have Dr Pulley slider weights in your CVT - but a set of Dr P's at the same weight as your OEM "rollers" should result in lower RPM's at top speed.
Reduced rpm's at high speed  seems to be a result of the shape of the Dr P sliders, not the weight.
If your scooter has the power to stay at high road speed - while at the same time running at lower engine rpm's ...these Dr P sliders might help you reach your goal.
In my Burgman 400 the Dr P sliders lowered my engine speed by slightly more than 1,000 rpm's at 65-75 mph.
Stig
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 12:55:30 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2016, 12:17:49 PM »
I used the sliders. At first I went with heavier (23 vs OE 20.5). They lowered my rpm some with a slight decrease in acceleration. And when I used the infamous "Bando" belt, I was able to comfortably cruise at 70. But acceleration was barely tolerable. With the KYMCO belt and 20 g sliders , that got me to where I am. With the factory rollers, even 65 was touching the red zone.
But that's a moot point because I went on a 150 mile ride, stopped by a motorcycle shop, and ended up being "duped" (wink wink) into buying a leftover previously un sold 2013 Yamaha majesty. Which was HEAVILY discounted.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 12:22:29 PM by Forbes1964 »
2009 Xciting 250

wheels

• USA, NC, Raleigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2016, 11:30:51 PM »
Highways, I cruise at 70mph, strange on level ground that equals 7,000 rpm.

I am 5'7" inseam of 29", butt stops are superfluous (imo).   Felt like I am jammed forward on the bike, therefore I cut the butt stop off and leveled it out.  My usual riding position is with my heels on the bottom board and toes on the top (slanted) portion.  I alternate by placing them on top or level or on the passenger board.
2012  DT 300i  26K miles,  Bestem 929, Biondi w/s, LED brake/tail,turn, OEM mirrors fairing mount, removed buttstop
2015  GTi300  7K miles, Bestem 929 case, PUIG TS w/s, mirrors mounted to w/s, led DRLs in windguards
2014  Honda CTX700,  35Kmiles, many mods

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()