Author Topic: Repairing torn seat cover?  (Read 3089 times)

heypete

• View Profile
Repairing torn seat cover?
« on: July 16, 2010, 05:00:42 PM »
My 2006 B&W 150's vinyl seat cover ripped right at the stitching between the driver's area of the seat and the passenger's area.

Any tips for replacing it? Can I replace just the vinyl covering, or do I need to replace the whole seat? If the latter, any idea on how much it would cost?

Is there any alternative to having the stitching in that particular location? It seems that whenever the driver (read: me) sits on it, it applies a lot of force against the stitching, so ripping seems inevitable.

art

• View Profile
Re: Repairing torn seat cover?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 06:18:35 PM »
The seat covers are just stapled on you can remove the staples and have it repaired , strengthend or redesign if you like,you will need a heavy staple gun and I think 1/8" or 3\16"staples to replace.In my dirtbike dayz we used to replace all the time With crazy vinyl designs not allways pretty because we had no sewing skills,but quite funcional.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
Re: Repairing torn seat cover?
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 06:22:49 PM »
Take the seat to an upholsterer, they will recover it. My Kawasaki seat only cost $50 to be recovered. The Yamaha I had a few years ago cost $70 for the two seats. If you talj to him about it you might come up with a solution to where the stitching is.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()