Author Topic: hi, 2008 super 8 125 headlight / indicator problem  (Read 1343 times)

apples24

• View Profile
hi, 2008 super 8 125 headlight / indicator problem
« on: June 07, 2011, 02:43:49 PM »
i took this little scoot in px the other day

the indicators work but the fronts are very dim the rear as they should be, if i click on the lights to the first or second stage the click like mad from the little relay box and do not work, occasionally ive seen the headlight kind of flash.

with indicators off if i click the first setting on lights the two small lights come on, onto the next setting the two small go off and the main one onleft (if your sat on bike) only comes on if bikes running, are both of them supposed to work?

so far ive checked fuses by battery, removed the speedo and checked all plugs under there, took the front top panel off and checked all plugs there ie just quick unplug and visual inspection

were ar the earth points on these bikes?

any pointers???? could it be the indicator/ main beam switch assembly?

thanks

lee

apples24

• View Profile
Re: hi, 2008 super 8 125 headlight / indicator problem
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 07:13:39 PM »
when i say they click like mad i mean with indicators on if i turn on lights the indicator relay clicks a lot faster

so i have dim front indicators
they stop working when turn on headlight and the relay clicks fast

i want to know should both front lights work as i only have the left working, yes i know could be a bulb

i seem to of found a few posts about bypassing the light relay would this help atall?

my feeelings is i may have an earth point issue etc as i have seen the headlight flash with the fast ind relay going occasionally

sidthesloth

• Kymco ZX50
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 10:27:21 PM »
Yes, that sounds like a bad earth.
ZX50, 47mm cyl. kit, TZR50 CDI. Michelin Pilot Sport tyres,
Next performance mod; pumping the tyres up.

apples24

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 06:44:54 PM »
still not sorted this guys, i had teh switches out cleaned replaced, tried the light unit bypass trick still the same, were are the earth points ont he scooter?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()