Author Topic: Nitro fuel  (Read 1641 times)

quannon guy

• View Profile
Nitro fuel
« on: September 13, 2011, 04:33:26 PM »
Can anyone tell me what would happen if I pour a little bit of nitro fuel into a gasoline engine???

axy

• View Profile
Re: Nitro fuel
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 07:09:30 PM »
Can anyone tell me what would happen if I pour a little bit of nitro fuel into a gasoline engine???

I can answer, but first you have to tell me what do you consider to be "nitro" fuel: methanol or mixture of methanol and nitromethane?

Also, how much is "little"?
---
Kymco People GT300i 2017 ABS Euro4
Kymco Agility 125 2008

(Past: Kymco People 250S, Piaggio Beverly 200, Kawasaki ZR-7S, Yamaha TW125, Kymco Cobra Cross 50, Peugeot Zenith 50, Piaggio NRG 50 mc2 72 cc Naraku kit)

JustWantToRide

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2011, 07:19:25 PM »
It wouldn't run well if that is what you are asking.  Nitro fuel is formulated to run in two stroke glow engines which have no spark plug.  It is mostly methanol, secondly oil, and thirdly nitromethane - with the amounts varying depending on which type of RC vehicle it is being used in.  Depending on how much you put in your engine would probably run like crap if at all and the seals in the carburetor and tank might be damaged by the methanol.

My guess would be that if you tried to run on it you would foul a plug.

Adding just a little bit of nitromethane itself would probably make the engine run too hot and score parts of it.  You may get a boost of power, probably followed by some unusual engine sounds - and then silence...  In other words:

It wouldn't run well...
2009 Xciting 500Ri
   52mpg so far

thumpersnoopy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 10:09:15 PM »
stay away from nitro if you want better fuel i run sunoco race fuel in my super motor 110 oct. but its like 60 bucks for five gallans

TomJ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 09:34:42 AM »
It would be stupid to run anything but regular gas on these bikes. Even if you do find the perfect add on that doesn't get the mechanical internals above and beyond design temperature limits, all you'll do is hit the rev limiter sooner.

If you want to go faster, most sensible way to go is buy a faster bike.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()