Author Topic: Gear oil leak  (Read 3800 times)

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
Re: Gear oil leak
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2015, 12:26:55 PM »
The backplate is torqued down and fixed by the collar, the outer variator drive pulley, the kickstarter rachet, the washer  and the nut to the crankshaft anyway.
So there is no need for a free spin of the backplate on the shaft. When torqued down correctly, both drive pulleys are fixed savely to the shaft anyway.
The only movable parts are the rolls and the axial movable inner variator drive pulley on the collar.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 12:31:29 PM by vespbretta »
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 19, 2015, 04:42:27 PM »
After replacing my belt my Like took off smooth, but after a few hundred miles I get the same minor shudder as you guys. I removed the CVT cover and blew out the dust. It worked, but just for a hundred miles or so. I reopened the cover and removed the clutch bell and variator pulley and using using 400 grit wet Emory buffed the surfaces plus removed some of the glaze on the clutch pads. After 2,000 miles the minor shudder has returned at low rpm take-offs. I'm thinking the rubber Kymco uses in the belt is the culprit.

vespbretta

• "Be the change that you wish to see in the world."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2015, 12:25:17 AM »
My dealers senior technician/mechanic told me last year the following about Kymco Scooters and their clutches:
He had to clean every now and then a bell and a clutch for customers on warranty. Mostly with little longterm success.
Furthermore he said analogous:
"There is only 2 good ways riding a Kymco scooter. Idle or full throttle."

I probably wouldn´t want to agree totally to that statement, but it may explain (inofficially) pretty good Kymcos obvious clutch problems/issues.
But I think I can live with that short minor shudder on those unsexy low rpm snail take offs.

Welcome to the shudder club!  ;D Have fun! Enjoy riding!  8)
Cheers,
Robo

Kymco Like LX 200i white/blue 2014; FACO Rear Crash Bars; Kymco Front Crash Bar; Puig Windshield Traffic;  Shido Battery LTX9-BS LION; 13gr. Dr. Pulley sliders and sliding pieces; Throttle control; Full synth. 10W-50 Motor- & Synth Gearoil; modified Topcase; Italian Badges and Stickers

beermak

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2015, 01:32:40 AM »
Thats true.. i ride it hard for 2 reasons and one is that one. The other is that im 31 and my bro 27.. we both ride it ina spirited way cause of our age. Ive been riding pretty hard since i got this like that oem rollers with less than 1800mi are totally useless. My brothers at 3200 were almost perfect.
Our driving is 100% city with traffic.
Ive been beating the sh*t outta my 125 since day 1 and rides awsome but lill bros aint doing well...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()