Author Topic: POST  (Read 2231 times)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
Zombie....

I miss you !

Not much to say of late.

Am self-isolating since too many Ebola patients have been landing (stop overs )  in local airport ( Bangor International Airport ) on every trip across the Atlantic   Not sure who I may have touched that may have touched someone that they are not sure who they may have touched , who.... :-[   So - in light of that...

Busy getting ready for change of seasons ( putting in Window Wells , unloading 4 tons of wood pellets,etc. ) . Need to hook up the new solar panels(to run well/septic and pellet stove &fireplace inserts ).

This way I can  stay home and build my Fortress.

This will keep me busy for my 21 day isolation ( that should last until I start over when next patient has a stop over) only to begin again .

::)
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: POST
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2014, 05:00:05 PM »
Completely understood.
I took out all my long pants, and shirts last week. Ready for a long 65* winter.

My crazy ass daughter is re-locating her family to Maine this week. Someplace in the north part of the state. I forget where right now. Maybe when she realizes that cold is real cold up there...

Stay bug free. I don't want to know a single person that gets ill from this. it would send me too far over the top to ever be close to right again. (you know it's just a tiny, little step for me...)

Stay warm/stay well.

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2014, 06:55:10 PM »
Completely understood.
I took out all my long pants, and shirts last week. Ready for a long 65* winter.

My crazy ass daughter is re-locating her family to Maine this week. Someplace in the north part of the state. I forget where right now. Maybe when she realizes that cold is real cold up there...

Stay bug free. I don't want to know a single person that gets ill from this. it would send me too far over the top to ever be close to right again. (you know it's just a tiny, little step for me...)

Stay warm/stay well.

A neighboor of mine made the move to Maine a couple of years ago, they erected a YURT and lived in it off the grid for 1 year until he could start his house. He's the outdoor type and is the handiest person I ever met. He's got goats, chickens, a small garden/farm and his wife works as a nurse. Not sure how long he'll last but he's still only around 40 and rugged. He loves it, I wish him well but I'll find my way south at some point in life for sure.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 09:40:50 PM »
In my 20's, and early 30's I lived for snow skiing. You couldn't keep me away from the coldest days on earth.
I worked on boats mainly as a way to take the winter months off, and hit the mountains.
Today 60* is cold to me.

My daughter asked If I wanted to come up there for Xmas... She'll be coming down here. No doubt.

Just the 4 tons of wood sounds to daunting to me. never mind everything else.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Porkie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2014, 10:14:41 PM »
I'm a Southern California boy, born and raised there and enjoyed the nice weather, year round.

I moved the Southwest Missouri in 1999 and it can get real cold here.

I was in Boston in about 1991 on business and after my meetings, I rented a car and drove to Bangor, Maine and spent the night right by the airport. It was in February and the day temps were in the low, low 20's and just going from my room to the car and getting in and out sightseeing, I ended up with pneumonia within a few days of getting back to CA. I had never been in cold that 'stung' my face and ears before. It was a very beautiful area as I worked my way down the coast to Boston.

Southern MO is like a cross between the two as far as weather is concerned.

I rode my Kymco to work Saturday morning and it was 46 degrees and I froze my ---- off!

Take care!

Sam:)
2014 Polaris Ranger 800 crew cab 4x4
2012 Honda Goldwing Blue
2013 Kymco Xciting RI ABS in gold/ orange
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650 blue metallic
KF6GUW Amateur Extra

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2014, 11:50:33 PM »
One day last year I had to wear a mask. I think it was around 38-40*f. By 1pm it was 50 something. All that 20's, and lower is history for me. Never again.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2014, 03:20:41 AM »
One day last year I had to wear a mask. I think it was around 38-40*f. By 1pm it was 50 something. All that 20's, and lower is history for me. Never again.
   went out for a fresh air ride today,  4 C. ( 36 F.)  for a 1 hour ride ,  I am climatizing for when it gets cold here,  riding the tractor snow blower, for an hour or so,  all winter that's when I wish for the southern holiday,. it gets down to 40 below zero, to often,.back in the 1940.s and 50.s it was a lot colder  it got to 50. F. and 60. f. below zero,.  if there was a wind chill of 80 below we were told to breath under your jacket , the air would freeze your lungs and will kill you,  just remembering the good old days,.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2014, 04:37:13 AM »
Had to walk to, and from school some 30 miles in 80*c below. It was up hill in both directions, and the snow was 40 feet deep.
My grandpa told the same story Dee.

That was right before the one about the Coal mine infested w/ Grizzly bears. He had to fight 8-10 bears with nothing but a plastic "spork" just to get his lunch of one raisin, and a thimble full of water collected from leaves the night before.

Both of you guys should have left home.

Love ya Dee. Just messin'

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2014, 02:30:11 PM »
Had to walk to, and from school some 30 miles in 80*c below. It was up hill in both directions, and the snow was 40 feet deep.
My grandpa told the same story Dee.

That was right before the one about the Coal mine infested w/ Grizzly bears. He had to fight 8-10 bears with nothing but a plastic "spork" just to get his lunch of one raisin, and a thimble full of water collected from leaves the night before.

Both of you guys should have left home.

Love ya Dee. Just messin'

Spent a few years in the U.P. of Michigan ( Marquette ) ...Maine Winters are like Summer (comparatively ) .  Not far from Marquette is Keweenaw Peninsula which has had Winters with over 300 inches of snow. Used to go outside ( Marquette is often the coldest spot in the Nation on some Winter Days)  and your nostrils would (temporarily) freeze shut .

What I DO NOT like about Maine is all the Ice Storms we get. Snow has traction...ice does not! So many idiots say " I was in 4-wheel drive and going the speed limit(70 on I-95) ,or 5 miles over ,...and I don't understand how I went off the road " .   If you have to put it in 4-wheel drive , then you need TO SLOW DOWN !! Idiots .
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2014, 02:35:04 PM »
Completely understood.

Stay warm/stay well.

Thanks, I will .

If you ever come up to see your Daughter IM me and we'll have to meet . If she is moving to "The County" ( Aroostook ) , it is beautiful up there . Has a big Swedish population , too . Great fishing up there.

40s and 50s, here, and still riding . Just dress for cold as though you were going snowmobiling .

Stay virus free, Zombie ( excepting the Zombie Virus ,of course  ) !!    ;D

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2014, 02:45:00 PM »
I have to talk to her to see exactly where she is going. She said Mount something up near the border (Canada). Her Sig. Others family is up there, and they are setting up shop w/ them. Building contractors/land developers.

If I do make it up there... (tough w/ 7 dogs) it will undoubtedly be in the late spring/early summer. I much prefer Lobster to snow balls, and beaches to ice forts.

Viruses!!! I eat them as dip w/ my chips. (thus the nick name) 56, and still bullet proof.

enjoy your day Sis.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2014, 02:51:23 PM »
I have to talk to her to see exactly where she is going. She said Mount something up near the border (Canada). Her Sig. Others family is up there, and they are setting up shop w/ them. Building contractors/land developers.

If I do make it up there... (tough w/ 7 dogs) it will undoubtedly be in the late spring/early summer. I much prefer Lobster to snow balls, and beaches to ice forts.

Viruses!!! I eat them as dip w/ my chips. (thus the nick name) 56, and still bullet proof.

enjoy your day Sis.

Might be Madawaska ( near Border ) ?

56 here and going strong with exception of injuries( hit and run 18-wheeler and injured/rebuilt shoulder ) ,as well .

Yes, Lobsters are much more tasty than snowballs . And Acadia National Park ( just down the road a ways ) .  has a beach .

Maybe I can get you to meet Stephen King and he will , then, write a Zombie story ?  ;D ;D

Enjoy your day , as well. Off to Dentist (cleaning the Fangs ) and then some fun with the Jaw Saw !

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()