Author Topic: New owner 700i LE Prime  (Read 1533 times)

Boostedgta

• View Profile
New owner 700i LE Prime
« on: May 07, 2019, 03:46:20 PM »
Hi, I'm new to the world of side by sides and just got a new 2018 700i LE Prime edition. We have 50 acres around our house so I'm currently clearing some trails to ride.

Couple questions the manual didn't address... When do you use park and when do you use neutral? Park when it's shut off and maybe neutral when it's running and you want to get out and put the brake on?

Also, the shifter doesn't want to go into park, gear, reverse, or neutral sometimes. I was told when trying to get into reverse or High (drive) to just give it a little blip of the throttle... Sure enough it works but does something need to be adjusted?

So far I'm loving the machine and my lab enjoys going for rides as well!

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
Re: New owner 700i LE Prime
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2019, 03:53:42 PM »
Welcome to the family! I am sure you will enjoy your machine. I bought a 2018 UXV 450i in March and have really been having a blast with it. I don't think you can beat these KYMCO side by sides when it comes to value for the price. I got a nice deal on my leftover 2018 unit and hope you did too.

Regarding the shifting issue, this seems to be common on all these side by sides. You likely notice the problem is worse whenever the machine is on an incline. Basically, if gravity is putting tension on the drive shaft, the machine won't want to shift. You can get around this by giving a little throttle as your dealer recommended or simply rocking the machine back and forth as you try to shift. I literally just wiggle in my seat and that usually does the trick.

With my machine, I find that it will normally shift with no trouble whatsoever if I am on relatively flat ground. However, others have said they have trouble all the time. So, maybe it varies from machine to machine. Others have said they have noticed that the shifting gets easier with time, and also that it seems to shift more smoothly when using full synthetic oil. I recently did my first oil change and put full synthetic in and I do believe the shifting might be a tad easier than it was prior.

As for "when to use park," that's ultimately up to you. However, the only time I use it is when the machine is parked in my garage on level concrete or else on the trailer. All other times, I just leave it in whatever gear I'm in and use the manual brake. I'll leave it in high or reverse or whatever if I need to get out to grab something. I just engage the brake and get out. I don't really use neutral very much at all.
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

Boostedgta

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2019, 04:05:35 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions. Are you saying most all side by sides have the shifting problem or just Kymco. I ask because my friends have John Deere and Polaris...

I got my SxS as partial trade to a dealer who wanted my 2002 Corvette Z06. It was a 1200HP beast with a twin turbo 434 setup. I got a very large sum of cash plus this brand new Kymco!

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2019, 04:14:39 PM »
I don't know about other brands. I'm saying that based on everything I have seen on this message board, the sticky shifter seems to be common for KYMCO side by sides.

As for your trade, sounds like you made a good one. I'd rather have a side by side than a Corvette and day. Corvettes can't haul deer or treestands or plow snow!
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

Boostedgta

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2019, 04:40:48 PM »
I don't know about other brands. I'm saying that based on everything I have seen on this message board, the sticky shifter seems to be common for KYMCO side by sides.

As for your trade, sounds like you made a good one. I'd rather have a side by side than a Corvette and day. Corvettes can't haul deer or treestands or plow snow!

Very true, and i definitely don't miss the money I spent on that car!

Btw, how fast do these 700's go? Haven't really gotten much of a chance to test it out wide open.

pa-outdoorsman

• Pennsylvania
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2019, 04:44:26 PM »
I have no idea how fast the 700 will go, as I've never driven one. The 450 tops out at 48 mph, which is plenty fast enough for me. I think there is actually more power in there, but my understanding is that there is a rev limiter that kicks in at some point.

I imagine it's safe to assume your 700 will go faster than 48 mph, but how much I do not know. I'd tell you to take it out and let us know, but you may not want to get that crazy during the break-in period. Then again, you are a Corvette man...
2018 Kymco UXV 450i
2021 Honda ADV 150

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2019, 09:59:25 PM »
It is my understanding that all the Kymco machines are goverened to 48 mph. My 450i is cranking 7500 rpm at 48 mph. Most utility machines do not exceed 45 mph, many less. Performance machines like the Razor or Wildcats are much faster.

Brad

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 05:44:51 AM »
I have a 2018 700 prime as well out on a flat she will do 50 mph and I have checked it 3 ways, an app on my phone from a car that followed me ( don't recommend ) and from a radar gun all were close enough to be able to say 50 mph but it does get squirrely at that speed. absolutely love mine and it will shift easier as you break in your machine. have fun with it !

Boostedgta

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 09:43:06 AM »
Yeah I've had my machine up over 40 so far and I'm not sure I would want to go any faster, at least not on the trails I have anyway. Thanks for all the info guys. I would post a pic of mine but they're all over 1024KB even after I tried cropping on my phone.

Brad

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2019, 06:54:08 AM »
LOL ! you have to resize your pics not crop them I know it took me awhile to figure that one out ( I am not very computer literate lol )

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()