Author Topic: Broke zerc grease fitting on my Kymco UXV 500i real whee swing arm  (Read 1580 times)

TomOnTheRun

• View Profile
Broke zerc grease fitting on my Kymco UXV 500i real whee swing arm
« on: September 02, 2021, 12:40:45 PM »
Man, I'm getting baptized as an inexperienced DIY newbie. LOL...... 

There are two grease REAR WHEEL/SHOCK ABSORBER/SWING ARM

I greased the rear swing arm successfully but my last grease fitting got stuck in my grease gun and when I forced it off the grease zerc it broke off  in my grease gun.   Does anyone know the size of  is the grease zerc for the Kymco?  I've watched a YouTube video how to back out a broken zerc and doesn't look that complicated. I've purchased a tap/back out tool and going to back out the broken thread and install a new grease zerc.   Just need to know the right size grease nipple.    Any suggestion greatly appreciated.    I guess the only way you learn is to learn from your mistakes.

TomOnTheRun

• View Profile
Re: Broke zerc grease fitting on my Kymco UXV 500i real whee swing arm
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2021, 12:45:27 PM »
To those in the past I sincerely want to thank you all for your followup support.  It has helped me greatly.    I'm just a few steps away from having this fully restored.  The motor is strong as mule.   My next todo's are greasing the suspension system and by god I'm going to get that damn gas gauge to work.  Gas gauge displays but doesn't adjust fuel levels as the tank is filled or is getting lower.   To be continued.   These tasks are actually fun projects.  My journey continues.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2021, 02:56:00 AM by TomOnTheRun »

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2021, 11:35:02 PM »
The gas gauge on the earliest VW Bus was a cut-off broom stick placed above the gas tank, which, itself, - excitingly - sat just just next to the engine.
The early Beetles flew along the freeway in California until the tank emptied - then you stabbed the clutch in - flipped a reserve lever - counted to 3, dumped the clutch and continued on to Disneyland ...all without spilling a drop of your Orange Julius!

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

TomOnTheRun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2021, 02:57:05 AM »
The gas gauge on the earliest VW Bus was a cut-off broom stick placed above the gas tank, which, itself, - excitingly - sat just just next to the engine.
The early Beetles flew along the freeway in California until the tank emptied - then you stabbed the clutch in - flipped a reserve lever - counted to 3, dumped the clutch and continued on to Disneyland ...all without spilling a drop of your Orange Julius!

Stig

I enjoyed reading your post.

TomOnTheRun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2021, 02:30:05 PM »
Does anyone know the correct size erase zerc for the wheel wheel shock absorbing arm?  Is it a T6 metric size?

TomOnTheRun

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2021, 11:37:16 PM »
Just an update.  I successfully extracted the broken grease zerc fitting and replaced with a new grease zerc.   

Next step I jacked up the rear suspension and greased all the bolts to the shock absorbers and suspension joints on my Kymco frame.  I now have zero squeaks in the rear suspension.  What a huge difference to eliminate these annoying sounds.  No more squeaks when off road riding on my future hunts. 

Note:   T6 is the correct metric zerc fitting for my UVX 500i bike.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()