Author Topic: Lithium Battery for Venox?  (Read 1162 times)

Mike-the-Bike

• View Profile
Lithium Battery for Venox?
« on: November 17, 2014, 04:55:16 PM »
I recently replaced the lead acid battery on my GSX-R750 with a lithium battery from Shorai, and am really happy with the super light weight and high cranking amps.  Now I am thinking of getting one for my Venox (Shorai LFX14A4-BS12---$122.00 on Amazon), since it has always been a hard starting bike and runs down the battery just trying to get it to turn over.   Has anyone here put a lithium battery in their Venox?

Instead of a 10-pound battery, the lithium is only 2 pounds!  It keeps a charge longer, and has more power than a lead battery.

tortoise

• View Profile
Re: Lithium Battery for Venox?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 05:56:49 PM »
lithium battery from Shorai
Antigravity Batteries FAQ's.

Would be interested in reading your user experience should you choose to compare brands.

Mike-the-Bike

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2015, 01:13:20 AM »
After several rides with this new battery, I can say BUY IT!  Even when the bike has sat for weeks, it cranks right up with no hesitation. Prior to the new battery, I was thinking of getting a new starter motor, even perhaps a new ignition module.  Since the Venox has no clock to draw power while sitting, you could go several months and the lithium battery would still enthusiastically crank the engine (use gas stabilizer if it sits) even with no special charger/maintenance on the battery.   All this and about 8 pounds of weight savings!  Best $121.00 ever spent!

Mike-the-Bike

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 04:56:19 PM »
After another 6 months of using this battery, I can confidently say "buy it"!  My Venox sat for just over a month between rides, and the factory battery would have died trying to crank the bike the other day for a Sunday ride.  The Shorai battery just kept hammering away with none of the usual slowing down that a lead-acid unit would have done.  The bike finally caught after 7-8 attempted starts.  I replaced the crappy factory battery in my new 2015 Yamaha R3 with a Shorai as well.  That explains the Venox neglect...

adri

• View Profile
    • Motorcycle News, Reviews, Events, Roads, and Rides
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 03:06:43 AM »
... I never had any problems with my Venox's battery. Certainly none of the ones that you're describing, even after leaving it sitting for a month on multiple occasions. I think you're generalizing about the Venox based on one bad battery.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()