Author Topic: [HOW-TO] Adjust Throttle Free Play  (Read 2567 times)

wkreps

• View Profile
[HOW-TO] Adjust Throttle Free Play
« on: April 14, 2014, 11:20:50 AM »
This is for a carbureted Super8 150 but I'm sure many of the carbureted models work the same. I hope this helps someone out someday.

Wayne

Vivo

• View Profile
Re: [HOW-TO] Adjust Throttle Free Play
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 01:55:19 AM »
Hey man, thanks for that video... Will do that on my Super 8...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 04:07:33 AM »
Nice tutorial Sir!
There is also another adjuster on the grip end of the cable. It is either a barrel, and lock nut after the 90* bend or the 90* bend itself can be spun out a turn or two, and its lock nut tightened. The later method requires taking the cable off the carb, and pulling it free of the frame.

I only mention this because as you pointed out... you are right at the end of the threads on the carb end, and I could tell from the way you "settled" you would have liked another 2-3mm less slack.

My guess is the barrel adjuster is loose, (throttle end) and that's where all the slack came from.

Vivo... Philli bikes have Hamster cages, and all the engine stuff doesn't apply there. Sorry Bro!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 06:00:21 AM »

Vivo... Philli bikes have Hamster cages, and all the engine stuff doesn't apply there. Sorry Bro!

No hamster cage here!...

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 07:50:02 AM »
That's what's his name.... The Crow ate ya guy... Axy!

He ran off w/ my perpetual motion scooter wood. Now he is "King of all that is wood!"
I just Hate that guy!!! ;)
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 02:19:07 PM »
I only mention this because as you pointed out... you are right at the end of the threads on the carb end, and I could tell from the way you "settled" you would have liked another 2-3mm less slack.

Thanks for the kind words and idea on the throttle side. Just trying to give back because I know I need help with my scoot and this is a small way to give back. Everyone has been so kind here. I didn't even check the throttle side for looseness. I'll check that out AND yes I did settle so maybe soon I'll do a throttle side adjustment video.
Wayne

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 04:44:59 PM »
"Just trying to give back because I know I need help with my scoot and this is a small way to give back. Everyone has been so kind here."

100% with ya on that one.
You are quite adept at those Utube vids. That makes you a very valuable resource here. Most of us have no clue what we read but the Picts. make it all realistic, and somehow easy.
Thanks!

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 07:27:10 PM »
Hello,
I adjusted my throttle at the grip.....early on.
It helped me with the 'on - off' throttle of my little scooter - very different from the control offered by a motorcycle.
Where'd you get the spiral bound service manual - or is that your owner's manual?
TX,Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

wkreps

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 08:08:00 PM »
Where'd you get the spiral bound service manual - or is that your owner's manual?
TX,Stig

Found the pdf online and printed it out at work and spiral bound it there. I'm in the commercial printing business. It said online it was for a Super8 150 but the manual says specifically Super8 50. I plan on paying for one from cyclepedia and printing it out too in the same fashion. Taking it to the garage with me is invaluable. Not very conveinent to haul the computer to the garage.
Wayne

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 08:58:57 PM »
Did you look thru this thread?

links to service manuals...
http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=1689.msg9960#msg9960

Maybe Admin could make it a permanent topic here. There are loads of manuals in it.

Just found this one... I believe all the info is the same just the model is different.

Kymco People 125-150 Service Manual.rar - Google Drive
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7K-uoWzaNThY2U2MjUyYzMtNWE5ZS00NjI3LTk4YmQtYmM2MGQwYWZjNGYw/edit?pli=1
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:11:49 PM by zombie »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()