Author Topic: Honda Adventure Scooter  (Read 3706 times)

AMAC1680

• Outdoorsman, Advocate, Paraplegic
    • View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
Re: Honda Adventure Scooter
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2016, 01:55:17 PM »
I tend to look at these things as interesting....coffee shop talk as it were. The reality of it is, is that I can't afford a scooter like this as it's like the big BMW scooter, expensive. After buying a new Burgman 650 in 2007 on a Suzuki credit card at 25% interest, I learned my lesson and buy good used bikes that are paid for. I've never paid more than 3500 for any used bikes, including Goldwings. For those of you that can afford to pay more than 10 grand for a bike, perhaps one of these new fangled scooters is for you. Meanwhile, life is good with my 2003 Honda Silverwing that I paid 1900 bucks for.

Valid points. Just remember to thank those who buy those new overpriced scoots.
Without them there are no good used ones.....

It isn't based on the Africa Twin, its a restyle of the NC750X.
What it really is........ an adventure bike you can't ride off road and a maxi scooter with no internal storage.
Bound to sell like hot cakes to fruitcakes with more cash than brains.

Also valid points. It seems those that build scooters seem to think a more "cycle like" scooter will sell better. The Tmax came back, Kymco toys with the K50 now Honda and the ADV. Heard Suzuki is also looking at the concept.

Will they sell here? No we don't buy scooters in the US and we certainly don't buy many big ones. That said our economy is driven by people buying stuff they don't need. Long live the consumer.

AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2017 Lance Cali Classic 200i
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 02:03:56 PM »
This scooter begs the question; what is a scooter as it's hybrid design blends the lines between motorcycle and motorscooter? Is it the lack of the gas tank between the legs that defines it as scooter?  As for a step through design, this Honda Adventure Scooter is more motorcycle than scooter and has big wheels and no underseat storage. So, is it  a scooter, or a motorcycle?

Originally, scooters were less than 250cc until Honda came out with the first Maxiscooters, the 250cc Elite and the Helix and later the Reflex. Scooter's then jumped up to 400cc and could break 100mph and increased to 600cc with the Honda Silverwing and the Suzuki Burgman 650. And now we have a Kymco 700. Perhaps someday we'll have a 1000cc+ scooter, or whatever you call it. All of the big scooters though are motorcycles in motorscooter clothing, as they're fast and can do transcontinental touring just like motorcycles. Really, what is a motorscooter?
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

AMAC1680

• View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 03:51:48 PM »
This scooter begs the question; what is a scooter as it's hybrid design blends the lines between motorcycle and motorscooter? Is it the lack of the gas tank between the legs that defines it as scooter?  As for a step through design, this Honda Adventure Scooter is more motorcycle than scooter and has big wheels and no underseat storage. So, is it  a scooter, or a motorcycle?

Originally, scooters were less than 250cc until Honda came out with the first Maxiscooters, the 250cc Elite and the Helix and later the Reflex. Scooter's then jumped up to 400cc and could break 100mph and increased to 600cc with the Honda Silverwing and the Suzuki Burgman 650. And now we have a Kymco 700. Perhaps someday we'll have a 1000cc+ scooter, or whatever you call it. All of the big scooters though are motorcycles in motorscooter clothing, as they're fast and can do transcontinental touring just like motorcycles. Really, what is a motorscooter?

Oh my That's an age old debate !
Some will say displacement others wheel size.
Then there's the school of step-thru flat floor.
Oh and the automatic trans...but many old Vespas and Stellas are shifties. Hmmm

It seems it is what one wants it to be. Check out this "scooter" review.
http://www.justgottascoot.com/kpipe125.htm

Hmmmm again!

AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2013 SYM RV200
2013 Kymco Downtown 300
2010 Lance Cali Classic-sold
1973 VW Dune Buggy
1974 VW Meyers Manx

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2016, 04:20:49 PM »
Valid points. Just remember to thank those who buy those new overpriced scoots.
Without them there are no good used ones....
AMAC

Oh yea, forgot about that. My $3500 GW probably cost 15 grand in 95. And my 03 Silverwing bought for 1900 was probably 7-8 grand new. This adventure scooter looks like it belongs in a Jason Bourne or 007 flick. I'd ride one if I could get it cheap. Maybe by the time I get to 75 (now 66) I can afford one.
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

gn2

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2016, 10:37:09 PM »
This scooter begs the question; what is a scooter

There's a really simple answer, and it is the correct one.
A scooter is a type of motorcycle.
All scooters are motorcycles but not all motorcycles are scooters.
The two Honda NC range scooter models (Integra, ADV) are in reality fully fledged motorcycles with strange scooter-like bodykits on.

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2016, 04:29:13 PM »
What % of America has a place for off-road riding? Imagine how many of that % will want to do it on an expensive, heavy, 750 cc, scooter?

They'll make noise with this - like they did with the Vultus NM4 - and there will be just as much demand -- and sell just as many as they did that batmobile.
Maybe...maybe there are enough wealthy Americans who will buy this just to finally get a scooter with adequate suspension travel !!

Honda needs to build a new maxi scooter - between the Forza and SilverWing.
Hopefully that is in the works.
Stig
If I ever ride again that's what I want, something a bit larger than the Forza but smaller than a silver wing. My ill fated Majesty was that size range. But it's no longer made. I believe the Xciting 500 is that size. But it's getting a little long in the tooth. You think KYMCO could steal some of Honda's thunder if they import the Xciting 400?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

gn2

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2016, 04:33:18 PM »
Honda have no thunder in the maxi scooter sector.
The Forza is about to be killed off by Euro emissions regulations and I would be surprised if the ageing Silverwing survives the cull either.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2016, 06:26:44 PM »
Honda have no thunder in the maxi scooter sector.
The Forza is about to be killed off by Euro emissions regulations and I would be surprised if the ageing Silverwing survives the cull either.

"Aging Silverwing!?" I own a Helix for cryin out loud. And I love it.  ;D ;D ;D
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2016, 09:47:09 PM »
I doubt we'll see it here and if it does come I'm wouldn't be interested anyway.  If I was going to buy a scooter for off road I'd buy something much smaller and lighter.  I had a blast riding a Ruckus on dirt roads last week. 

50cc would be too small for where I live could see getting a somewhat dirt-worthy scooter with a 150-200cc motor.  It's only 5 miles from my house to some nice roads in a Wildlife Refuge.  I occasionally ride my Super 8 there.

I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

AMAC1680

• View Profile
    • SEGS4VETS
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2016, 01:31:14 PM »

AMAC
www.SEGS4VETS.org
2013 SYM RV200