Author Topic: DJ50S brand new dying under load / poor idle / cold  (Read 567 times)

willsdad

• View Profile
DJ50S brand new dying under load / poor idle / cold
« on: March 18, 2015, 04:48:07 PM »
Hi guys, I wonder if anyone could give me a bit of guidance please?

I just bought my son a brand new DJ50S for his 16th.  Last week was the grand unveiling but being a Dad I got first ride . . . . I let it warm for a minute or so then pulled away, or rather didn't!!  The bike stalls & dies under any king of load for the first five mins of riding without warning.  If left to tick over to try to warm it up it keeps stalling & can be a pain to restart.

I had it back in the dealers yesterday as I also thought it was a bit flat & gutless (I know its only a 50 but it was bad!!).  I got it back last night & was told that a jet was blocked up with 'preservative' from the tank which had been sorted, but that 4 strokes take a long time to warm up so it will be a pain when cold.  I let it have a good two mins this morning but it was still spluttering & dying for the first few minutes.

My question is:  Is this normal for a new machine or am I being fobbed off?  I had a second hand two stroke lined up for my son but was talked out of it because 'a new bike would be better for him'.  At the mo, I'm worrying he's gonna get squashed by a bus every time he takes the thing out!!

Thank you so much in advance if anyone can offer any advice, Darren :-)

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: DJ50S brand new dying under load / poor idle / cold
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 04:56:07 PM »
Ahhhh that stinks, your dealer didn't do a carb clean before shipping it to you!!! I would take it to them and ask for them to take the carb apart and clean it. Bikes don't sell right away and I'll end up doing a carb clean on EVERY bike that leaves our dealership just to be 100% sure the customer does not get a stalling bike!!!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

willsdad

• View Profile
Re: DJ50S brand new dying under load / poor idle / cold
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 09:13:49 PM »
Hi, thanks so much for your reply, much appreciated!!  I've ridden plenty of older bikes & never experienced this before but when the dealer told me it was 'normal' I kind of accepted it but to be honest I'm not overly happy but neither do I want to make a fool of myself by insisting there is a problem if it is correct for new bikes to stall & play around like this.

Once again, thanks for the advice :-)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()