Author Topic: Great little pony!  (Read 46065 times)

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
Re: Great little pony!
« Reply #225 on: August 16, 2014, 03:29:50 AM »
Good to hear from you Vivo. We were starting to get a bit worried about you Amigo. So, with that big storm, I guess you didn't get my e-mails hey ? I wanted to know how your brother and his family were going down in Adelaide.

Now, about the pony. What a difference a decent set of tyres makes ... I never did like those Maxxis tyres that came as standard with the bike, but I didn't realise how crap they were until I got a set of these Dunlop d 404's put on her. The improvement in the ride and handling is unbelievable !! Here's the rear ...
Damn the torpedoes .. full steam ahead !

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 16, 2014, 03:35:13 AM »
And here's the front ...
So, with her new shoes, and the valves done, she's better than new !   8)

Paperkrain

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 02, 2014, 12:06:22 AM »
Nice to see your bikes are going well, Vivo, Max and Hairy Bob  :)

After almost 2.5 years since I lost my Venox, I've finally saved up and bought a new bike. Took a while to recover and get the missus to approve of me riding again though  ;D Although I didn't buy another Venox. I went to the dark side and bought a Kawasaki Ninja lol :) Here is Miranda

I miss my Venox, perhaps one day I'll come back to one :)

I still have the service manuals for the Venox 250. So if you guys have any questions regarding DIY etc. I'm happy to post the relevant pages up. It's too big to post every page of the manual.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 12:24:52 AM by Paperkrain »

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 02, 2014, 07:13:06 AM »
Nice score.
My brothers are all rice rocket fans. I'm a hard tail chopper kinda guy. Makes for nice conversations at the re-unions we all don't have.
Stick around! A bike is a bike.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 05, 2014, 08:35:19 AM »
Well holy snapping duck sh** ... Welcome back J.B. Glad to hear that you finally managed to talk the missus into letting you get another bike. You must be a very happy chappy to be back on two wheels after all this time .. well done. Nice bike too mate. And as Zed said, a bike's a bike no matter what your choice of ride, so stay in touch on the forum hey.
Ride safe Amigo.
Best regards, Hairy Bob.

Mike-the-Bike

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 04, 2014, 02:19:09 PM »
Speaking of getting sport bikes, I'm looking at the new Yamaha R3 to add to my "collection".  At $4,990.00 with a 321cc fuel injected parallel twin, it's calling my name...

My Venox has taught me that small engine bikes are fun.

Bike doesn't arrive at dealers until February 2015  >:(

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 09, 2014, 08:46:39 AM »
Hey there Mike. good to hear from you. How's Black Beauty going ? Did you do any more mods to her since your last photos ? Mind you, there wasn't much more you could possibly do ..... was there ??

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 29, 2014, 08:24:15 AM »
 ;D Nice little cruise through the countryside this morning ... the little pony's firing along just fine !
« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 08:31:06 AM by Hairy Bob »

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 07, 2014, 08:30:30 AM »
Hey there gang. I suppose by now you've all heard that the Philippines is copping an absolute flogging from another one of those friggin typhoons. So I was wondering if we could all band together and send Vivo, his family and fellow country folk some love and positive vibes to let them know we're thinking of them. And maybe if any of you are religious you could say a couple of prayers or some thing for them ... just a show of moral support from us all ... you know.
Good on ya !
Regards, Hairy Bob.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 07, 2014, 06:00:29 PM »
100% with you!
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 24, 2014, 09:39:46 AM »
Have a happy and safe Christmas all you fellow riders, and all the very best for the new year.
Take care out on those roads hey.
Best regards from Hairy Bob and his Missus.  8)

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 24, 2014, 09:42:50 AM »
The best in life for ya Bob.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 25, 2014, 10:14:10 AM »
Cheers Zed, and same too you sport. Hope you have a good one Amigo. And hey, those vibes you and me brewed up seemed to have worked for Vivo. Where he lives got off very lightly from what he told me, so that's good news hey.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 25, 2014, 05:27:21 PM »
I haven't talked to him in a couple weeks but I was watching the weather. The guys had a tough run but I believe the sun will shine on him soon.

You really can't keep a good heart down.  Merry X-mass.

Hairy Bob

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 24, 2015, 08:17:18 AM »
Well holy hot camel sh** trendsetters, another year has slipped by !!!  I hope everyone has managed to get some decent rides in here and there throughout the year.  Yes .. I still have the pony, and yes .. I'm still very, very happy with her. She's got just on 16000 klms on her now ( about 10000 miles ), and hasn't missed a beat since that early issue that I mentioned way, way back that got fixed under warranty at her 1000 klm service, and when she spat the chain slider that time. Other than that, no other  problems what so ever ... and yep ... you guessed it ...  she's still taking me where the bigger bikes are going !! All I've done, is put a decent set of tyres on her, done regular oil changes .. every six to eight months or so, changed the air filter once so far, done the valve clearances once, changed the coolant once, and run good petrol in her .. 98 octane .. No bloody ethanol !  We're pretty lucky here I guess as far as fuel goes .. you can get E10, which is 91 octane with 10% ethanol .. which I wouldn't even put in my lawn mower let alone anything else !! , standard unleaded - 91 octane , unleaded 95 octane , and unleaded 98 octane - which is what I've always given the pony to drink. I am totally convinced that most of the the carby issues that you guys in the U.S. especially , have experienced is because they force that ethanol laced crap on you. I read a very interesting article a while back in the July issue of  Motorcyclist magazine , the U.S. publication , about ethanol blended fuel .. well worth a read if you can get hold of a copy .. take special note of the word " hydrophilic " if you do happen to read it , and you'll get a gist of my theory. Apparently, even Ducati, when they released the Multistrada in the U.S. had heaps of dramas because they couldn't get it set up properly because of the ethanol based fuel !!  But I guess if that's what you have to deal with, there's not much you can do about it hey. Anyway groovers, that's my little rave for now .
Wishing you all a happy and safe Christmas, and all the very best for the coming year.
And remember ... If the road looks slippery, it most probably is !
Ride safe gang.
Best regards
Hairy Bob  8)
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 08:09:15 AM by Hairy Bob »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()