Author Topic: Gti 300 compression stroke  (Read 598 times)

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
Gti 300 compression stroke
« on: July 10, 2015, 03:41:00 PM »
In the future I would like to adjust the valves on my gt.
I have adjusted valves on four cylinder cars in my youth. It has been a long time since I have done this.
I am rusty and I forget.
I have two questions that I could use help with.
First question; instructions say to adjust valve with alignment marks in proper position "on compression stroke".
How can I tell if engine is on compression stroke??.

Second question; I have watched videos of people adjusting valves on motor scooters and they adjust and put the valve cover back on with no mention of a new gasket.
Is a new valve cover gasket not needed??.
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Gti 300 compression stroke
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 04:23:20 PM »
The official way to make sure it is on TDC compression stroke take the cover off and look at the "T" mark on the flywheel through the little hole. It's on the Right side around the dipstick. Or look on the camshaft and align the large hole at the top, and the two small holes at the edges of the cylinder head. A new valve cover gasket is not needed on scooters unless its torn.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Gti 300 compression stroke
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2015, 05:20:52 PM »
to hold the adjustment bolt on the valves  , get a 3 " screw, with a square end for a robinson # 2 screw driver, good to hold the valve adjustment bolt, when you tighten the lock nut,.  enjoy your day,. de dee

boo

• I hate censorship people manipulate you
    • View Profile
Thanks for the help guys
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 06:02:51 PM »
Always someone on the board willing to help.

Will study your advice and watch more videos before I attempt so I can do it right.
Sure wish I could find a video of someone adjusting the valves on a gt or downtown.

Thanks again, boo
300GTI black
Pro 2A - member GOA & NRA

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()