Author Topic: Limits of the People s200?  (Read 2459 times)

mayozaj

• View Profile
Limits of the People s200?
« on: May 26, 2008, 02:55:04 AM »
I just bought a People s200.  I ride 6 miles or so to work daily.  Just wondering....how long of a road trip will this little bike be able to handle?  What's an expected limit?  I'm not really interested in speed when riding for pleasure but I DO wonder how far I can expect to ride.  I'm pretty heavy, 200lbs but the bike seems to handle my size very well.  The lake is 25 or 30 miles away .... can the bike handle a round trip that far.

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
Re: Limits of the People s200?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 02:57:49 AM »
I just bought a People s200.  I ride 6 miles or so to work daily.  Just wondering....how long of a road trip will this little bike be able to handle?  What's an expected limit?  I'm not really interested in speed when riding for pleasure but I DO wonder how far I can expect to ride.  I'm pretty heavy, 200lbs but the bike seems to handle my size very well.  The lake is 25 or 30 miles away .... can the bike handle a round trip that far.

Absolutely. But first, make sure yours has had the stator/electrical issue refurb'd -- there was a recall.

Dood, I rode an Agility 125 300 miles across Tennessee. Took 11 hours, with gas and meal breaks.  :)  Trust me, the People S163 will handle a 60-mile roundtrip, no problem. If the stator was fixed.

Travis

• View Profile
    • Travis's Blog Site
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2008, 03:17:11 AM »

I weigh about 200 lbs and I've taken mine on trips well over 30 miles.  It will handle it well.
People S200, Modulating Headlights, Brake Flasher, LED Tail Lights,  Click Picture to see additional photos.

mayozaj

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2008, 03:33:10 AM »
Thank you fellas.  I don't know anything about the recall you mentioned.  I just bought the scoot last week.  I guess I'll ask the dealer if the recall has already been addressed.

Travis

• View Profile
    • Travis's Blog Site
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2008, 03:34:57 AM »
Thank you fellas.  I don't know anything about the recall you mentioned.  I just bought the scoot last week.  I guess I'll ask the dealer if the recall has already been addressed.

I am going to be posting some How-To's in the S200 forum
People S200, Modulating Headlights, Brake Flasher, LED Tail Lights,  Click Picture to see additional photos.

chadhargis

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 03:55:32 PM »
I wouldn't worry about how long you can ride the scooter. Just keep the oil level checked and you should be OK.

As with any engine, the more it is operated, the more it will wear. That's just the facts. A bigger engine will not have to work as hard to maintain speed, but still has the same moving parts.

I have an Agility 125, and I wouldn't hesitate to take it out for a day ride. I have a couple of motorcycles at my disposal that would be a much better choice. I use my scooter for commuting 13 miles to work and 13 miles home and running around the paddock at track days. If I'm going to go long distance, I grab a motorcycle.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()