Author Topic: grips  (Read 2419 times)

scootdog

• View Profile
grips
« on: May 08, 2008, 04:34:22 PM »
Hey all out there! I need some grips baaad for the Xciting 250. Hands tingling and falling asleep even on shorts trips...20 min on up. Also need throttle controller too. I heard Kuryakin grips are good....do they fit? And how to get old ones off and install new? I'm new at this so, please helllllp! thx-Larry

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: grips
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 09:26:16 PM »
Welcome!  You may be holding on too tight if you are new.  Be sure to move your fingersnow and then.  There are ergonomic grips out there too that might help. 

skadamo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 03:48:17 AM »
here is a decent post on how to change the grips...

http://www.sportbikes.net/forums/suzuki-sportbikes/385043-changing-grips.html

At least that is how i usually do it.  Not sure if there is anything unique or unusual about the xciting throttle tubes.  The suzuki drz400s (enduro) has a throttle tube with the grip perminently attached.  It is manufactured that way.  Lame.  My brother found out the hard way after spending 15 minutes trying to cut it off :D

scootdog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2008, 06:56:33 AM »
Hey Turnbuckle, thanks! I found some grips called grip puppies that are very cheap and very comfortable and slip right over the old ones. Also I purchased the Crampbuster....inexpensive and works great! Take care.....Scootdog

jprestonian

• 2007 Kymco People 250, 2011 Honda PCX
    • View Profile
    • a scooter called wanda
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2008, 03:33:14 PM »
Having just yesterday taken a 20-minute one-way trip on a road that had a posted limit of 65mph on my People 250, I have to wonder what I can do to plot even longer, interstate-speed trips in the future. I suspect there's a danger of Raynaud's phenomenon, and/or vibration induced white finger with prolonged exposure to this level of vibration.

At 45-50mph, the vibration is much less intense, and does not cause the temporary numbness and tingling that 65mph+ causes.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()