Author Topic: 450i le engine light - Update - Bad Stator  (Read 1388 times)

Dayooper

• View Profile
450i le engine light - Update - Bad Stator
« on: September 29, 2017, 01:16:25 AM »
Hi guys. I purchased a new uxv 450i le last weekend. I have all but 23 minutes on it. Nothing crazy just putzed around the property with no problems.

I went to start it up today and the engine light is on and stays on. No blinking. The engine will not start, it'll crank but not turn over. Lights, etc work. I'm guessing something to do with the way it was put together at the dealership? I read a service manual but is there a way to get the error code w/out a computer hooked up?

Leaving for a trip tomorrow morning and I can't take it into dealership until Tuesday so figured I'd ask you all in case I might be missing something easy. Appointment made already. Has gas, no lines appear kinked or leaking, battery good and oil good.

Here's her first time in my driveway last weekend. Added an atv superstore mighty tite to the trailer this week. In process of swapping self tapper board screws w/ 3/8 carriage bolts.

« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 06:31:06 PM by Dayooper »

airshot

• View Profile
Re: 450i le engine light
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 02:14:40 AM »
Man that sucks to have a problem on a new machine!!  However you do want the dealer to find and fix the problem in order to keep the warranty alive and well.. I would also show my disappointment to the dealer for not checking it over better. Keep us posted on what is found, wish I had some suggestions for you to fix your problem but I have had no issues in the almost 2 yr since I bought mine.

poorboy1964

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 03:29:04 PM »
For your trip I'd start chasing wires and connectors hoping to find a pinched wire or loose connection

Suck to have it wreck a trip

Dayooper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2017, 01:30:06 PM »
The ole recon saved the day and got me where I needed to go. Dropped off the 450i le at the shop this morning, we shall see.

Dayooper

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 06:02:49 PM »
Dealer just called. Bad Stator. 3-7 days for the part to get in. Said he ordered an extra gasket too in case he had to go further back. Fun times.

airshot

• View Profile
Re: 450i le engine light - Update - Bad Stator
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 12:15:42 AM »
    Well that stinks but it sounds like the dealer is working with you. You can get a bad one in anything, but it seems Kymco is standing behind their products. When you do get it back your gonna have a ball with it, I can assure you!!  Please keep us posted..

Dayooper

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 07:50:28 PM »
Left gasket cover, stator and starting cover gasket replaced. Had them top off the dif fluid as it was low too - thanks for that heads up fellas. There are officially 6 miles on the odometer, time to get her out in the deer woods and see what shes got.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 11:36:41 PM »
I wonder if the bad stator was caused by a rectifier-regulator failure....that's the way it has been working on the scoots.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2017, 01:28:04 AM »
    Glad to see your up and running, do keep all your paperwork just in case this or a similar problem may crop up in the future. Hopefully you will be good for the long run now. Glad to see your dealer stepped up to the plate. keep us posted on just how much fun you have with it !!

Coach

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2017, 12:15:43 AM »
Glad you got it fixed. You will love this bike in the deer woods. I just put another 53 miles on mine last week and the more I use it the more it impresses me. She’s a beast in the slop and mud and very seldom need 4 wheel drive even in really muddy conditions. Enjoy!!
Retired outdoor bum!
I like it too!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()