Author Topic: abs light and speedo on and off  (Read 1120 times)

tazakos

• View Profile
abs light and speedo on and off
« on: June 09, 2021, 10:29:47 PM »
Guys hi,

When i start rolling the speedo works fine and the abs light is off (everything normal) but at 70kmh or other times at 90kmh the speedo goes to zero and the abs light turns on.
They both stay that way until i come to a full stop and then become operational again until the whole thing happens again.
I found a few instances in which other guys had the same problem and apparently it was a cable problem..some tire up to tight or something like this. I stripped half the bike and didnt notice anything bend, cut or squeezed. Does anyone know where exactly the problem is?
thanks

mousejunks

• View Profile
Re: abs light and speedo on and off
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2021, 12:04:46 AM »
Try cleaning the wheel speed sensor. If it's an older model it could be bad connections: https://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=23607.0
'09 Kymco Espresso 150i
'11 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS - 79,500km
'17 Kymco Downtown 350i ABS

tazakos

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2021, 09:29:58 AM »
I cleaned the sensor. It didnt solve the problem...any idea where on the cables the bent or cut might be?

mousejunks

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2021, 12:28:56 PM »
I cleaned the sensor. It didnt solve the problem...any idea where on the cables the bent or cut might be?

Follow the wires up from the sensor. Depending on the year model they could be joined by weak bullet connectors which fail at the crimp. See https://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=23607.0

'09 Kymco Espresso 150i
'11 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS - 79,500km
'17 Kymco Downtown 350i ABS

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()