Author Topic: Availability of 61 mm 171cc Bolt on Big Bore Kits for Kymko People 150- Fits???  (Read 2019 times)

scooterScotty

• View Profile
I THINK I FOUND A BIG-BORE kIT (NOT DIRECT BOLT ON-REQUIRES SPLITTING AND BORING CRANCASES) BUT WOW BIG 180CC!!!
HERE IT IS sold at racingplanet usa ony $135!!!---

plse lmk what you think?? and i wonder if i can contact nakaru to see if they also make a bolt-on kit++++since they are saying my people 150 is a gy6 styole motor!!! then the 171 ncy kit should work as well??????

thx,
scooterScotty

https://www.racingplanetusa.com/naraku-180cc-racing-cylinder-bore-63mm-kymco-honda-genuine-buddy-152qmi-152qmj-157qmi-157qmj-p-544-1.html#.XHlWqn-F-Uk

GY6 Naraku 180cc Racing Cylinder Kit Big Bore 63mm for Kymco, Honda, Genuine Buddy 150, 152QMI, 152QMJ, 157QMI, 157QMJ
GY6 Naraku 180cc Racing Cylinder Kit Big Bore 63mm for Kymco, Honda, Genuine Buddy 150, 152QMI, 152QMJ, 157QMI, 157QMJ
Item Nr.:
NK600.02
Naraku
Add on wish list
$135.00
plus shipping
 GET STOCK INFO â–º

Description
    Details
    Reviews
    Application list
    Question about product

180cc big bore kit for GY6 based engines over 125/150cc. The bore measures 63 mm.
Kit is suitable for all air-cooled 4 stroke 125-150cc Kymco engines (scooters), and most Chinese imported vehicles 125/150cc (scooters, quads and buggies)
This cylinder can be used with the original cylinder head. And if that wasn’t enough, a modified camshaft with adjustable timing is also available.
Supplied as shown. Please check dimensions at the base of the cylinder on the crank cases before ordering, to ensure there is appropriate space for this big bore cylinder. External cylinder bush: 65mm.

In many cases installation of this cylinder big bore WILL require boring. This is not in many cases a plug and play upgrade so please check before ordering.
Please note: If purchasing this kit for the Sym 125cc scooters, please ensure your engine is the GY6 version (cylinder head stud holes have a distance of 63mm hole to hole, outside to outside measurement).

Naraku is one of the best known scooter brands from Taiwan. The company has made a name for itself when it comes to after-market racing scooter products and professional replacement engine part. As our in-house performance brand we carry the full range of performance products. When selecting Naraku or any major performance brand we suggest not to mix and match brands know that Naraku components are designed to work with other Naraku components for the best performance possibilities. Keeping your racing upgrades in the same brand makes it easier to tune since they are designed to work with each other. Naraku is one of our top tier brands with our highest recommendation. They have an excellent price range, model selection, and the highest quality. For all your Naraku needs make sure to select Racing Planet USA.

For a full list of applications click on the applications tab:

CF MOTO Urban R 150
CF MOTO Glory 150
CF MOTO Echarm 150
DIAMO TORINI 150
BINTELLI 150
WOLF SCOOTERS 150
GENUINE BUDDY 125
GENUINE BUDDY 150
HONDA ELITE 110
HONDA PCX i.e. 150
HONDA PCX i.e. 125
HONDA SH 150
TAO TAO 150
ROKETA 150
TANK 150
SUNL 150
MOD CYCLES BACCIO 150
MOD CYCLES VX150
MOD CYCLES EVO 150
KEEWAY Outlook 150
REDSTREAK 150
PEACE SPORTS 150
PUMA 150
LONGBO LB150T-12
TOMOS 150
QLINK 150
KINROAD 150
KYMCO Agility 125
KYMCO Like 200
KYMCO Movie 150
KYMCO People 125
KYMCO People 150
KYMCO People S 200
KYMCO SUPER 8 150
SCHWINN 150
TNG VERONA 150
LANCE POWERSPORTS 150
SYM HD 125
SYM SYMPLY 125
ZONGSHEN 150
VENTO PHANTOM 150
ZNEN 150
WANGYE 150
WUSSI 150

I am a new member too glad to Join you all,
Dang i hope peeps150 is correct and he actually did install a Bolt-on direct bolt on 61mm Cylinder kit which should be 170cc or 171cc, but i was told that my 2006 kymko people 150 is NOT same as GY^, so the NCY 61mm direct bolt on big-bore kit will Not work??-is this true, or can i get a blt on big bore kit for my 2006 kymko people 150 scooter???
amnother bummer is even if I can get my hands on the 61 mm bolton bigbore kits...rear end final drive Gears i am told are also diferent-wont fit???

i am told the below scooterdomain NCY BigBore 61MM 171cc  kit probably Will Not fit???

https://www.scooterdomain.com/ncy-cylinder-kit-aluminum-61mm-171cc-genuine-gy6-by-ncy-1100-1288.html

Cylinder Kit (Aluminum, 61mm, 171cc); Genuine/GY6 150cc, (NCY Brand)  scooterdomain.com  $156.99

And does anybody make a direct bolt on kit for the Kymko people 150 scooter and gears???

I added areddit post below form somebody else about 200i motor, cuz maybe if NO BIGBORE kits avail for my 2006 kymko people 150, then the stock people 200 cylinder=actually 163cc will bolt on??? And/or if they make a BigBore for the people 2000, maybe it works on the people 150???

LMK??  thx thx thx scooterScotty

Help Help Help...Plse
thx mch,
scooterscotty

Hello,
New member here.  I just traded my ps3 for a blown 2009 people 150.  I just put a 61mm big bore kit in it and she's finally running once again.  I also out a installed an aftermarket intake and muffler system.  For those who have aftermarket parts on their people 150, what size jets are you guys using? I have already tinkered with the carburetor as much as I can, I think she is still running lean on the 110 stock jet.

Heres my Cafe Scooter lol

See also from Reddit.com
from r/scooters

Posted byu/Yalzin
2013 Genuine Stella 4T - "DonnaStella"3 years ago
Kymco Like 200i Big Bore Kit? Does this exist?

The mechanic at my shop just bought a chinese trike…and it just so happens we recently parted out a Kymco Like 200i. So he wants to make some unholy amalgamation by combining them.

Being "different" he demands to increase the size of the motor too…and asked me for a big bore kit. Any idea or leads on where I could find one (if it even exists?)
5 comments
50% Upvoted
This thread is archived
New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast
Sort by
level 1
IrideAscooter
modified Aprilia Sportcity 20062 points ·
3 years ago

Can't find cylinder kits for Like 200i but maybe a performance exhaust? Then a fuel controller and maybe performance air filter and variator.
level 1
pbae
2 points ·
3 years ago

The Like 200i uses a 60mm bore which combined with it's stroke makes it 163cc. A 61mm bore from Taida or NCY would make it 170ccs.

The Like engine is a solid unit but Kymco makes their own version of a GY6 and they make it pretty much impossible to swap out the final drive gear ratios because their gears are way different than what's out there.

I'm thinking of selling my Super 8 because I can't swap out the final drive gears so it's pointless for me to do some hardcore mods to it.
level 1
sidescrollin
1 point ·
3 years ago

Not to sound like an unhelpful dick, but the mechanic at your shop is a moron. Trikes are stupid and the 200i makes over 11hp, which is plenty.

I don't think that 163cc is very common, I can't even find a "name" for it, so a big bore kit is pretty much out of the question.

Honestly if he already has a chinese trike and wants to dick around with it, why not start with a 150cc gy6 base and upgrade that? Parts are way more available, pumping the gy6 up to 18hp if you want.

With that time and money, why not just find a majesty or something to ride? Or a 650r...
level 2
Yalzin
2013 Genuine Stella 4T - "DonnaStella"
1 point ·
3 years ago

He got it on the cheap, and likes to do things people don't typically do. The trike currently has a GY6 motor on it, and he might go that route and play with it. His eyes keep wandering over to the 200i motor though, which is ready to be bolted onto something, and at no cost to him.
level 3
sidescrollin
1 point ·
3 years ago

Then he should be aware that it makes 11hp and that is it. Find a cheap or busted chinese scooter and throw the 200i engine in it.

thx mch,
scooterscotty

Quote from: peeps150 on May 07, 2015, 11:20:21 AM

Hello,
    New member here.  I just traded my ps3 for a blown 2009 people 150.  I just put a 61mm big bore kit in it and she's finally running once again.  I also out a installed an aftermarket intake and muffler system.  For those who have aftermarket parts on their people 150, what size jets are you guys using? I have already tinkered with the carburetor as much as I can, I think she is still running lean on the 110 stock jet.

Heres my Cafe Scooter lol
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 04:12:23 PM by scooterScotty »

KymcoRockr

• View Profile
Find out the diameter of your case where the cylinder slips in, then find the size of the base of the cylinder and get one that is smaller. It will slip in.
Boring cases, unless you have a machine shop, is difficult and most people who try the do it yourself approach end up with a motor that doesn't last very long, especially if you try the dremel and sharpie approach without splitting the cases.
The big issue with a 63mm kit like the one at Racing Planet is that the part of the cylinder that goes down into the crankcase is 2mm thick. That's not a lot of metal.
If you really want to get into making a big GY6 or Kymco engine, the best people in the US to talk to about what works are probably the guys who do the
Ruckus GY6 swaps. They seem to know more than anyone about how to build a big GY6.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2019, 10:07:14 PM by KymcoRockr »
Been riding for a very long time.
AK550
Yager 200

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()