Author Topic: Doesn't make sense to me.  (Read 400 times)

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Doesn't make sense to me.
« on: January 04, 2021, 12:14:39 PM »
I order a lot of things mail order and with tracking you can see where your pkg is at.  Following a pkg it arrived in Wichita distribution center then sent to Salina distribution center (have to go through McPherson to get to Salina from Wichita).  Then the pkg goes to the Hutchinson distribution center (has to go through McPherson again to get to Hutchison) and ironically Hutchinson  is only a short distance from Wichita.   Then the pkg is sent out for delivery from my local post office.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Doesn't make sense to me.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2021, 02:50:07 PM »
Tracking is cool.
I could watch the progress of the airport Super-Shuttle on my cell phone as he came to pick up my Mom and I for the flight out of Tampa.
I picked up our bags just before he rounded the corner. Mom thought I was a wizard.

As for package delivery systems - you'll only pull something if you try to figure that out.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 09:52:15 PM »
Last year I shipped a carton of manuals by USPS  to Peachtree City, GA and tracked it to the Atlanta post facility.  The carton went into the PO, and never came out.  They were still searching for it 3 months later, then paid the insurance claim.  Nobody knows where the carton went to this day.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2021, 09:58:39 PM »
Last year I shipped a carton of manuals by USPS  to Peachtree City, GA and tracked it to the Atlanta post facility.  The carton went into the PO, and never came out.  They were still searching for it 3 months later, then paid the insurance claim.  Nobody knows where the carton went to this day.
The previous 2 years I mailed my sister in Georgia a birthday gift and she never received either one. Stupid me did not keep the postal receipt on either pkg so it was a loss.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

eamartin

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2021, 11:21:46 PM »
In Sept. my mother sent a large "priority mail" envelope with some local newspapers enclosed from St. Louis, Missouri to me in Estes Park, Colorado.  After 1 week, according to the tracking info, the package was in Honolulu.  Three days later I received it.   

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2021, 12:45:03 AM »
I once mailed a VW part to Japan - it went to the United Arab Emirates. Which I'm certain gave those supercar boys a laugh.
Another time the post mistress dropped my registered letter to Germany (containing $800 in Euros) behind her cash register on her counter. She found it 4 weeks later when was cleaning her counter.

I wager I've screwed up rather more than twice these past many decades.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2021, 01:29:53 AM »
I once mailed a VW part to Japan - it went to the United Arab Emirates. Which I'm certain gave those supercar boys a laugh.
Another time the post mistress dropped my registered letter to Germany (containing $800 in Euros) behind her cash register on her counter. She found it 4 weeks later when was cleaning her counter.

I wager I've screwed up rather more than twice these past many decades.

Stig
Me too. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()