Poll

plow front mount BUZZ

front vs mid mount
1 (100%)
warn ??
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: kymco 450i plow  (Read 1653 times)

dlongo

• View Profile
kymco 450i plow
« on: April 02, 2017, 02:45:49 AM »
I'm sure this question has been asked numerous times but I am purchasing a new Kimco 450 next weekend but would like to wait on getting a plow. I'm hearing some buzz that a true front mount plow will be available very soon. Any thoughts on the front vs mid mount.  Tired of getting on my back and getting wet and dirty putting the two pins required that I did with my ATV.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
Re: kymco 450i plow
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 02:25:19 PM »
Meyer makes a plow that mounts to a 2" front receiver, but I would beef up the suspension

https://www.meyerproducts.com/snow-plows/off-road/utility-vehicle-snow-plow?utm_source=text ads&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=UTV Plows

what is odd is even though they picture a utv with a plow, when you try to configure a plow, their configuration tool  comes back with this "Sorry, there are no recommended plows for this vehicle"
RandyO
IBA#9560

airshot

• View Profile
Re: kymco 450i plow
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 04:14:57 PM »
The poll at the top of this page didn't make much sense so I will throw in my 2 cents here. I have friends with front mount plows and have saw the issues they have had with them so I choose the mid mount plows. I also had an ATV with a mid mount and had to climb under to install pins and yes I hated it but never had an issue with the frame bending and on the front mounts I have seen bent and cracked frames on a number of occasions. On my UTV I did my research and found the Pile Driver with its quick attach and release mount and yes it works great. Now the mount kit would not fit my Kymco frame in any way so I had to fabricate another system of my own design to attach the quick release mount. As a toolmaker it was not that difficult. The problem was the universal mount system from Pile Driver was not big enough to fit the frame of my Kymco. About 6' of 1.5 in angle iron later I created a framework that attached to the Kymco frame and used all three crossmembers for support. Far more ridged than the universal mount ever could have been if it would have fit. Now the cool part is the way the plow unit snaps on and off with the use of your winch. Rather than trying to explain it here just go to the "Pile Driver Plow" website and watch the video, no more crawling under your machine. The plow unit is heavy and extremely heavy duty! Much heavier than is really needed for these machines but it will never bend or wear out.. The quick release mount does need to hang below the bottom of the skid plate by about 1.5 inches but I can easily remove this in about 15 minutes for normal riding season as we don't want anything hanging down for serious trail riding. When the mount is unbolted I have designed a flat steel plate that attaches where the quick release mount was but inside the skid plate so I now have a tank like skid plate that will withstand about anything I could runover.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()