Author Topic: LED all out!  (Read 6862 times)

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
Re: LED all out!
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2015, 03:39:58 PM »
Take pix Mrmike and do a tutorial so we can all take advantage.  I need to do the same to install the Stebl horn I just got.

I can take the pictures and get them on my computer with no problem. Where I have trouble is trying to re-size them to meet the forum guidelines. Agilebda sent me a PM, and he is going to take his apart again and take pictures for me. Perhaps he will put them on the forum for everyone's benefit.
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable.

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2015, 11:20:53 PM »
If you want help learning the resize...

"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2015, 11:48:04 PM »
If you want help learning the resize...

Zombie

Thank you for this info. I'll sit down and try to learn how to do this. Appreciate the help.

Mrmike
Blue '23 People S 150i ABS   Moto Discovery GPS bar, Shad SH33 top case, Iridium spark plug, Black reflective graphics, Battery Tender ring terminal cable.

Past rides- '73 Honda 450, '00 Harley Softail Deuce, '10 Kymco People 150, '12 Kymco GTI 300, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i ABS

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 01:19:00 AM »
Any time Sir! ;)

There are a BUNCH more Utube vids, and there are as many free software-s out there to do the same.

One that I found easy is  https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/  It's just a right click on the Pict., and follow the prompt.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

doxbike

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 10:04:03 PM »
  I can take the pictures and get them on my computer with no problem. Where I have trouble is trying to re-size them to meet the forum guidelines. Agilebda sent me a PM, and he is going to take his apart again and take pictures for me. Perhaps he will put them on the forum for everyone's benefit.

PM sent

2wheelfun

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2015, 01:28:53 PM »
Those h4's get hot don't they? Any issues of melting sockets and plastic housings that weren't designed for that intense heat?

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2015, 04:37:08 AM »
No they don't get hot. They're LED. No problems here at all.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2015, 04:42:39 AM »
I use a butter knife. Thin, and dull edged. One side of the tab is a square bottom "U", and the other side is a wedge w/ a flat lip.
You have to apply downward pressure, and twist the blade between the 1/2's.
Start in the center first. That way IF a tab breaks it will not show up later. Once you see which 1/2 has the "U" shape they will pop apart easily.

mrmike

• Syuracuse, NY
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2015, 10:00:03 PM »

Thank you for that info. I'll order my bulbs now and install them in April when I put the scoot on the road again.

UPDATE:  Finally got my new bulb installed two weeks ago. Nice bright white light matches the factory and LED lights I installed. Can't wait for spring to see how they light up the road. I really don't ride a lot at night, so this was mainly a cosmetic change for me. Very pleased with the results. Thank you everybody for your help with this project.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2015, 03:38:35 AM »
It is a very nice Mod. Peace of mind for long lasting bulbs, and Much less draw on the stator / electrical system.

I highly recommend this one.

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2015, 06:30:27 PM »
Hi guys sorry for the late post. This is for future reference to all of you needing to change headlight.

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2015, 06:36:33 PM »
And more pics.

agilebda

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2015, 06:37:08 PM »
And last.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()