Author Topic: Printed Repair manuals for 450i  (Read 1091 times)

airshot

• View Profile
Printed Repair manuals for 450i
« on: December 04, 2016, 07:55:20 PM »
    Just thought I would let the good folks know that printed factory repair manuals for the Kymco line of UTV's are availiable thru "RepairManual.com"  Mine is on order and should be here early next week. I already have the online manual thru "cyclepedia" and that works great as you can print any page you need to keep plus they give tips and tricks to work on your machine. Each one was 49.95, small price to pay when you consider what a dealer charges to work on a machine. I figure I will be able to tackle about anything that might go haywire with these two items.....besides that I just enjoy looking thru them to make myself familiar with my machine.

k9bitten

• View Profile
Re: Printed Repair manuals for 450i
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2016, 10:32:23 PM »
    Just thought I would let the good folks know that printed factory repair manuals for the Kymco line of UTV's are availiable thru "RepairManual.com"  Mine is on order and should be here early next week. I already have the online manual thru "cyclepedia" and that works great as you can print any page you need to keep plus they give tips and tricks to work on your machine. Each one was 49.95, small price to pay when you consider what a dealer charges to work on a machine. I figure I will be able to tackle about anything that might go haywire with these two items.....besides that I just enjoy looking thru them to make myself familiar with my machine.
I have the printed manual and be warned before you order that it's not bound like a regular manual. It's on one of those plastic coiled ring binders that is sure to become brittle and fail. It's a lot of pages making it fairly heavy and I don't see the binder holding up well. The good thing is it comes with a free 1 year subscription to the online version which I now find much more user friendly because I can just print the page I need and not worry about breaking the binder, or even better, just look at it on my phone. There's great info in the manual and has helped me a lot but I don't have a lot of faith in the binder.

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2016, 12:11:31 AM »
    I have a lifetime subscription to the online manual service, but wanted a hard copy for the next owner whenever I decide to sell it. I have always had factory service manuals for my toys and they have always been a big plus when selling them. I was not aware of the plastic ring type of binder but I did see how many pages were on the online manual and figured what the hey by the time I printed all those pages and made my own manual it was probably just cheaper and easier to order the hard copy.  Thanks for the heads up on the plastic crap.

k9bitten

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2016, 12:17:53 AM »
The picture is a bit deceiving as it doesn't look to be 8 x 11" but it is. It's pretty heavy with so many pages but I was a bit disappointed as to how fragile the binder is. If I knew this before I purchased I would have skipped it and just did the online subscription. I feel they really should let customers know it's not bound. I could destroy this thing in no time if I handled it like my other shop manuals.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 12:50:13 AM by k9bitten »

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 12:51:09 AM »
    Thanks for the pic of the manual...I see what you mean about the plastic binder.  Some years back when I taught at the local community college we would get books in that looked like that. The college had a more heavy duty spiral that they would transfer over.  I am going to see when I get mine if I can get ahold of one of the heavier spirals and replace it. Not that hard to do as long as you keep all the pages lined up and together, but I did watch a fellow screw one up one time.....yep it was a mess having to align all those pages back together and keep them that way until you get the new binder threaded thru.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()