Author Topic: How accurate is your fuel gauge?  (Read 6070 times)

Calothrix

• View Profile
Re: How accurate is your fuel gauge?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 11:27:40 PM »
The suspense was killing me, so using the city's GIS website I found a stretch of road near me that is 1-mile long.  I rode it on the scoot and my odometer clicked off just over 1.6 units.  So it's gotta be reading in km.  Have any other P150 owners out there verified whether their odometer reads in km or mi?.     

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2012, 03:28:13 PM »
I used to work for a shop that did warranty repairs, and service for AC Delco instrument clusters. We were not allowed by law to service any Km rated odo's. (mexican/canadian). The reason was no way to verify actual milage... I tried to look up the DOT laws that apply today, and am having a hell of a time. I did find reference to vehicles that are reading in km in the US. It states a "door frame tag" is required for conversions (ie: imported over our border, and converted to miles from km). I still haven't found if vehicles can be left to read km's yet.
I would have to say yes as there appears to be a lot of scoots reading in km.
What ever happen to our country... Pretty soon we will all be a medium tan color with bleach blond Dred Loks... Damn Hippies
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

birdmove

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2012, 05:57:51 PM »
    My People 150 odometer is in kilometers.

jon

k0co_5

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 12:24:27 AM »
Sorry correction - mine does read in KMs.   I was fooled because the speedo in in MPH.  But several GPS checks confirm the odo is in KMs.  Duhhh...sorry for mis-info.

It was 160 miles, not km

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 05:23:54 PM »
Z-man, how'd you know I have a Toyota ??? ;D  OK, I'll check it again next time I'm out.  On the plus side, if it is reading in miles, I'm getting about 115 mpg! :o
So if it is reading in KM, I guess you are getting 185 kpg.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

Aplodontia

• View Profile
Re: How accurate is your fuel gauge? <km vs miles?>
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2014, 04:36:28 AM »
I just took a 70+ mile ride on my "new" 2006 to confirm whether or not it was registering KM as the odometer said. It was much to my surprise with a readout of 121 KM. FYI, the speedometer primarily reads in Miles. Weird.

I also saw the 1/4 tank reading drop to E in a hurry with many KM to get home. I made it and was able to get 1.5 gal in the tank to the top. The KM reading is puzzling and combined with the tiny tank means I'll be spending a lot more time doing metric conversions in my head rather than enjoying the scenery. Wondering if others with this have developed any tricks to avoid running out of fuel in the middle of nowhere which I alway seem to head towards?

Thanks, Dale

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2014, 12:58:45 PM »
This is one of those "how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop" things.
I don't get it.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()