Author Topic: 12V Outlet?  (Read 5802 times)

ludo

• View Profile
Re: 12V Outlet?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 05:25:58 AM »
I am just getting ready to install a 12v outlet on my Yager, will take some pics when I'm done.

Awesome!! Thanks for posting your pics!
Kymco Yager GT200i -
Totally awesome machine with anti-theft styling ;D

Ronnath

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2012, 11:30:32 AM »
I am just getting ready to install a 12v outlet on my Yager, will take some pics when I'm done.

our scoot club went on a ride yesterday and during one of the breaks the conversation turned to power outlets (for phones, gps, etc.). i was bemoaning the lack of same on my yager.

looking forward to your report and pix.

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 11:13:58 PM »
I just put in a 12v outlet, great place is right next to the ignition.

I wired back to the battery, fused.

ludo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2012, 06:33:57 AM »
Looks really clean!
Good job!!

Did you remove all the panels or just the front one?
Kymco Yager GT200i -
Totally awesome machine with anti-theft styling ;D

Ronnath

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2012, 10:55:49 AM »
i haven't gotten into the innards of the yager. what's the second picture showing me?

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2012, 02:06:39 PM »
I put my outlet a little lower without removing any panels.  I went lower just for that reason, it works fine.  I too went to the battery and fused it.  It is grounded right near the receptacle.  I purchased the outlet at a marine supply store. 
Dave IBQ, you may want to take the extra stuff off of your key, mine scratched the black plastic.  BYW, does anyone know a treatment for the black plastic, it is scratched from my key & buttons on my jacket.

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

Ronnath

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2012, 02:20:31 PM »
  BYW, does anyone know a treatment for the black plastic, it is scratched from my key & buttons on my jacket.

Richard L.

magic marker?

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2012, 04:31:56 PM »

Did you remove all the panels or just the front one?

I was replacing some plastic, so had all the panels off.  To install where I did you will need to remove the front panel

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2012, 04:33:30 PM »
i haven't gotten into the innards of the yager. what's the second picture showing me?

That's is the inside photo of the panel where the 12v outlet is installed,  it id the cylinder looking part with the wires coming out of it

I just wanted to show how much room is behind that panel

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 02:20:49 AM »
BYW, does anyone know a treatment for the black plastic, it is scratched from my key & buttons on my jacket.

Carbon fiber design sticker.....   ;D ;D ;D

DaveABQ

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2012, 12:52:24 PM »
Vivo, the other thing I noticed is that black plastic is not very resistant to chemicals, cheap plastic, I spilled some gas on mine and it discolored it.  The way the fill nozzle is setup, it is really hard to put in gas from the pump and not get it to overfill.

Vivo

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2012, 02:35:11 AM »
Vivo, the other thing I noticed is that black plastic is not very resistant to chemicals, cheap plastic, I spilled some gas on mine and it discolored it.  The way the fill nozzle is setup, it is really hard to put in gas from the pump and not get it to overfill.

Well, black plastics are usually the recycled ones. However, the main characteristic of these plastics is the resistant to fire, I mean they contain fire retardants, and will not burst into flames right away in cases of fire. When it loses the fire retardant component, it will burn fast.  If you want fire and chemical resistant plastic, you have to pay... ;D  make it impact resistant, and they already call it "engineering plastic"...  ;), that's expensive stuff.

Covelivn

• View Profile
Re: Cleaning Plastic?
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 08:40:57 AM »
I Have alwayes used Pledge in the spray can to clean and protect the plastic on my vehicles. It is advertised as a non petroleum product and seems to leave enough of a film to make the bug removal process a little easier. lately to save money I have tried walmarts generic furniture polish and have not noticed much difference.

This has worked on the windshield of my yager and I have used it for the face shield on my helmets for over a year. I live in florida so I have never washed my bikes, just used a soft clothe and this product to clean everything. Both Bikes look like new :)
I wasn't born in Florida but I got here as soon as I could.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()