Author Topic: 250 service?  (Read 2658 times)

fshfindr

• View Profile
250 service?
« on: September 03, 2011, 09:08:27 PM »
I called yesterday to make an appointment for my 600 mile service.  On the phone I was notified that I had missed the 250 mile service.  I did not know that there was a 250 mile scheduled service.  Has anyone taken their Yager in for a 250 mile service?

Rich L.      
Richard L. in Bellmawr
Keep The Rubber Side Down & The Helmet Side Up

racewalker

• View Profile
Re: 250 service?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 01:29:14 AM »
In the back of your owners manual is the service intervals. What is the first one listed? Both of my bikes were 800K or 500 miles.
08 People S 125
11 Downtown 300i

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2011, 02:10:17 PM »
In the back of the book it indicates that I must bring it to the dealer as required by the “Periodic Maintenance Chart”.  Though there is nothing called the PMC, the Maintenance schedule indicates that one * means you need the tools and tech qualification to perform that service.  I think we almost qualify for that.  Two ** should be serviced by the dealer.  The first two ** item is the steering bearing, which I guess is the one, I missed.   Wheels & tires at 600 miles.  The next is at 1800 miles.  So I stand corrected, thanks.
Richard L. in Bellmawr

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2011, 08:53:02 PM »
I took it in to Mini Trail Bikes this AM in a driving rain.  I got there at about 9am, they don't open until 10am.  My bobo.  This was the worst 9 miles that I have ridden a bike.  I started out in a steady drizzle, which at times became a driving rain pelting my face and lips.  The Yager was very good in the rain, I love riding, but I do not like riding in the rain.  They will have it for a few days.  My friend was following in his car.  He said the brake lights looked like hazzard flashers.  I told him that was good because it gets attention.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 08:56:17 PM by fshfindr »
Richard L. in Bellmawr

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2011, 04:44:08 PM »
Yeah, I once had to drive back in the pouring rain. Felt like I was being hit by paint ball bullets. Not fun. When I first got my Yagar Ken told me to come back for a service check after 300 miles. Though I just got her back about a month ago, I may have to go back for another service check -- I'm over 5000 miles.

-Wolf

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 06:14:06 PM »
Wolf, you're way ahead of me with 5 grand.  I got it back to me.  Apparently, my noise was not your noise.  It looks like my noise was loose engine mounts.  Ken also found a loose exhaust bolt.  Riding home the sound was gone and the power seemed like it was improved.  On the WHP, she jumped up to 45 before I knew it.  I guess the valve adjustment helped.  Not that the power was not good before.  I'm very satisfied with the  power of the bike and glad to have it back.  Also, happy that I was able to ride home without being pelted.  $122.89 all told.
Rich L.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 06:16:46 PM by fshfindr »
Richard L. in Bellmawr

Wil B.

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 12:52:48 PM »
My dealer (long time Honda-Suzuki) had no problem with my waiting to get the initial service at 600 miles.  I did the first oil change myself at 200 miles.

As far as riding in the rain, I think it's good experience to have as long as you ride carefully and learn the limits of your scoot / bike.   I feel that ALL of my 2 wheeled vehicles do well in the rain (even the 50cc Super 9) if ridden with safety in mind especially in the first hour of rain when the roads can be very slick.   I think they all hold the road surprisingly well!

A full face helmet stops the raindrops from feeling like pellets bombarding your face.  And a decent motorcycle rain jacket is good to bring along when the weather is theatening.

Wil B.
Broadview, IL

'71 Guzzi Ambassador
'91 Nighthawk 750
'04 Kymco Super 9
'10 Yager 200 gt
Wil B.

2010 Kymco Yager 200
2004 Ktmco Super 9
2014 Honda CTX
"I am not a number. I'm a FREE MAN!"

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 01:29:16 PM »
WilB, good stuff.
Richard L. in Bellmawr

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2011, 05:05:05 PM »
UPDATE;
Yesterday, I spoke to Ken, the tech, who worked on the bike.  He explained that the noise actually was from the exhaust valve which was loose.  He also said that it would not happen again and that the valves would not need another adjustment for about 10,000 miles.  He did not look at the air filter because he knows that it takes a long time for them to get dirty.  I should check it I guess when I check the valves.  I did a little more riding today with a lot less traffic.  My bike wants to fly, it is really improved.  I'm still trying to decide what oil to use after 1000 miles, dino or syn.
Richard L. in Bellmawr

Yager200i

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 05:01:36 AM »
In regards to riding in the rain, I do it all the time, and stay dry as a bone. My wife (who is from Taiwan) purchased this weird rain coat that's specifically made for scooter riders.

When you're walking around, it looks just like a regular rain coat, but hidden inside it are two leggings that you can snap shut over your legs and shoes. The leggings fold up and snap into snap buttons on the inside of the rain coat when they're not needed.

I had to get the largest size they make, and I'm only 6' tall. They're made for Taiwanese, so they're smaller in size, but the largest one just fits me, even over my riding jacket. It's even got a hood that you put on, inside your helmet, so any water running off your helmet runs outside the rain coat.

That, and some waterproof ski gloves with long gauntlets, and I don't get a drop of water on me, even when it's raining hard.

My wife says, if any of you want one, let me know, and she'll order it and forward it to you. Let me know the size you want. I think they only come in gray and black.

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 05:41:28 PM »
Even though I try not to be out in the rain, it sounds like something for the met-in box.  What is the price?

Richard L.
Richard L. in Bellmawr

Yager200i

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2011, 06:17:26 PM »
Ok, so I had my wife compile as much information as she could on the rain coat that I use.

Here's a YouTube video showing how it works:
http://goo.gl/69xiO

It's a poor demonstration, as they don't show that the leggings have several snaps that entirely encircle your feet and legs, and they'd didn't demonstrate the hood I've got on my rain coat. But it'll give you an idea of how it works.

There are two sizes that'll fit most Americans:
3XL is for 172cm - 182cm (67.7" - 71.7")
4XL is for 182cm - 192cm (71.7" - 75.6")

3XL and 4XL come in silver grey, black, and water blue
3XL also has beige color

And here's where it's sold (bid.yahoo.com):
http://goo.gl/2NPH0

My wife says that with the current exchange rates, it's about $30 US.

I'm not sure if they ship to the US, so when my wife goes back to Taiwan next time, she can order for anyone wanting one.

fshfindr

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2011, 10:55:43 PM »
I guess you should let us know when she is going there.
Richard L. in Bellmawr

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()