Author Topic: non-Kymcos  (Read 2117 times)

bucray

• forever young
    • View Profile
non-Kymcos
« on: May 23, 2017, 01:11:04 PM »
I find it very interesting how many non-Kymcos are represented on this site.

MJR

• View Profile
Re: non-Kymcos
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 02:14:23 PM »
Former or would be owners? I joined up before I ended up buying the MyRoad.
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 03:46:19 PM »

IMO, it is the quality of the membership in general, and their active interests that make a forum.
I like the people here.
We have common interests, and I can offer help, based upon my own experience, when they encounter difficulty.

The Experienced People 250 I bought off Craig's led me to this forum for general information about it.
Since that time, I seem to have gathered a few more, 'Others', and repairs to my People have taken a bit of a back seat to enjoying them.

This time spent has allowed me to learn first hand of superior qualities Kymco presents, in comparison.

Best
redk

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2017, 04:27:16 PM »
Looks like owning a Kymco at any time in their life makes a person a little smarter about everything. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 05:36:10 PM »
Looks like owning a Kymco at any time in their life makes a person a little smarter about everything. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I could sure use more of that stuff !

Each day I scour the Craigs postings to see if there is something I should not let get away.

Super 8 150X and Downtown 300i are pretty high on my list, ATM.

Our Kinetic TFR will get posted for this coming weekend, and perhaps the Helix, when the People 250 is confirmed operational.
redk

gregspeople250

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 10:39:35 PM »
Kymco owners seem to have at least one thing in common; We research scoot's from different countries and learn from other people that a scooter made in Taiwan could be a good one. Then, we have the courage to buy one for ourselves and find that having an open mind is a good thing.
Honda Elite 80 - SOLD
Yamaha Vino 125 - SOLD
Kymco People 250 - SOLD
Kymco Like 200i - SOLD
Vespa 250 GTS - SOLD
Piaggio BV350 - FUN! - SOLD
Buddy 170i - FUN! - SOLD
Honda Silverwing - SOLD
Yamaha TMAX - OUTSTANDING! - SOLD
Honda SH150 - SOLD
Yamaha SMAX - SOLD
Kymco AK550

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 11:02:26 PM »

Most of us came to this site because we like Kymcos or became Kymco owners ourselves. But we stay here not because we are Kymco owners but because we share a common bond as two-wheel riders who enjoy reading about and helping one another.  I hope I wasn't being presumptuous, but this has certainly been my experience with this forum.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2017, 11:05:58 PM by Mr. Paul »
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 01:22:58 AM »
How can you recognize the best if you haven't tried all the rest? This forum is as much about the ride and peoples' lives as it is about the name on the scooter or motorcycle. These are a great bunch of folks and friends.

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 05:28:29 AM »
That is very true, Mac.
Comparison is probably the best way to tell.

The second string has progressed a lot, and can now approximate the top builders...  but not quite.
I must admit I am not that discriminating.
redk

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 06:27:43 AM »

Well heck,

I fit this category for the nonce.  Current ride is an HD200 until I get the oil leak on my burger sorted out (long story).
After that I've debated trading the big bike for a GTi300, or other medium large/mini maxi scoot.  Keeping the HD though, fun bike, & freeway capable if marginal.

I kept the HD vs. the S200 since it has just enough more snap and top end to notice, & runs my suburban commute a bit better.
I rate the S as the more reliable of the two, but a lot of that comes from the somewhat primitive carb/air cooled 2 valve head drive train setup, which also is why it lacks the power of the SYM.  If I had more garage space I'd have kept it as a spare.
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

Redk

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2017, 06:34:42 AM »
Garage space ?

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !
redk

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2017, 12:48:37 PM »
When I bought my first Kymco, a PS200, I do as I've always done; joined a motorcycle forum specific to the bike. I've done this with my Burgman's, Silverwing, Reflex, Goldwing, Honda 919 Hornet. Each forum was helpful with the hardware and in the mix relationships are formed in postings and sharing. When I sold my Kymco and was back to only my SW, I wondered if I'd stay as I don't frequent other forums that I had joined in the past whenever I sold my bikes? I'm down to 2 forums now, this one and a Goldwing forum. Even though I don't own a Goldwing, relationships were formed, particularly from attending past meet and greets that I'm still considered part of their family. They do give me a hard time about riding a scooter but it's all in fun and I play along.

As for the Kymco forum and why not the Burgman, Silverwing, Reflex, Maxi Scoots and others I had joined? I don't know if I can put my finger on this one and come up with an answer. Maybe it's the vibes here, the unique mix of experience from the novice to the veteran rider. Whatever it is made me want to hang around even after I sold my PS200. In final reflection I think it's about the special folks here that I get to chat with that I personally enjoy. Some of the other forums were less interactive and fun. Finding Kymco scooters and this forum has been a bright spot in my life. Sorry for all the rambling, I'm just an old geezer.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 12:51:25 PM by Scooter Dan »
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

bleys

• Ride what you like, not what other's like.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2017, 02:58:21 PM »
Pretty much what others are saying:  I bought an Xciting 250 and joined the forum to gather as much info as possible from a group of knowledgeable and welcoming people.  When I sold the Xciting to move on to a bigger (not necessarily better) ride, I still wanted to stay in touch with this group of fellow riders.  I was a Kymco owner for 5 years and enjoyed the experience immensely.  I would buy another Kymco in a second if I could convince my better half that I really do need a scooter to go along with the motorcycle.  In my opinion, once you've owned a Kymco, you will always be a Kymco owner.  Also, the things I learned while owning my scoot have not gone away, and I would feel pleased to pass on that knowledge to another Xciting owner if possible.
Bill
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
2009 Xciting 250Ri - gone :(
2014 Honda CTX700N

GLV55

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2017, 05:23:57 AM »
I will always be a Kymco person at heart. If my People 150 hadn't been totaled, I'd still be riding it today. Even though my current scooter is pretty dang good, it is simply no match for the smooth ride those 16" wheels gave - such a smooth riding scooter! This is hands down the best scooter forum, and it's that way because of the quality people who genuinely care about the riding experience, helping other people, and welcoming all riders into the fold no matter what the badge on the scooter says. I'm here for life!
2014 Lance PCH 150
2007 Kymco People 150 (totaled by a drunk, Oct. 2013)
Nampa, ID

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 12:16:55 AM »
I will always be a Kymco person at heart. If my People 150 hadn't been totaled, I'd still be riding it today. Even though my current scooter is pretty dang good, it is simply no match for the smooth ride those 16" wheels gave - such a smooth riding scooter! This is hands down the best scooter forum, and it's that way because of the quality people who genuinely care about the riding experience, helping other people, and welcoming all riders into the fold no matter what the badge on the scooter says. I'm here for life!

I rode it's slightly bigger brother the S200.  The People's a good bike.  I like 'em.  Go ride an HD200 and lemme know whatcha think..then go ride a GTi300 :).
Heck if you're in the PNW I might even letcha try mine for fun.
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()