Author Topic: Prototype Kymco Electric Scooter  (Read 1694 times)

GoVanGo

• View Profile
Re: Prototype Kymco Electric Scooter
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2023, 08:32:56 AM »
imagine the peace and quiet in the neighborhood if gas powered mowers were gone (highly doubtful)! The incessant drone of mowers will start in 3-6 weeks and continue buzzing from 8 AM - 9PM around here for the next 7 months...I will continue to love my gas powered mower but one can still dream..
Is it illegal to use a leaf blower in California?
California recently passed a law, AB 1346, banning the sale of gas-powered leaf blowers and string trimmers (weed whackers) starting July 1, 2024. The law also establishes emissions reductions for existing gas-powered leaf blowers as of July 1, 2022.
06 ZX50
14 Agility 125
17  Like 200i

Before scoot life .
Honda XR100, 4 CB 750s , 1978 Kawa Z1R , 79 Goldwing , HD RoadKing , Honda Areo 1100 .

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2023, 10:27:33 AM »
Electric is all sweetness and light until it's time to replace the battery....
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2023, 11:17:57 AM »
Electric is all sweetness and light until it's time to replace the battery....

A local guy had the battery fail in his Mercedes hybrid just outside the factory warranty and was quoted (from memory) £7K for a replacement!
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

NorWeWa

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2023, 02:53:55 PM »
Batteries be different.  My daughters Nissan Leaf is 8 years old and the car has about 100,000 miles on it and at it's last dealer checkup the tests show it's in great condition. Charges to 97%.  I hear one way to check on the battery status of used electrics is the percentage of charge they will take. 

Art 

monkeybongos

• Tampa, Fl
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2023, 08:18:23 AM »
imagine the peace and quiet in the neighborhood if gas powered mowers were gone (highly doubtful)! The incessant drone of mowers will start in 3-6 weeks and continue buzzing from 8 AM - 9PM around here for the next 7 months...I will continue to love my gas powered mower but one can still dream..

Been a dream of mine for over 20 yrs.  But the nightmare of obnoxiously loud mowers continues.  Will never understand why we so are tolerant of something so loud, foul smelling, dust storm creating and polluting, all while being unnecessary. 

Seems sit down mowers were designed for expansive lawns in mostly rural settings, but they're used all the time in small, urban/suburban yards where the morons using them struggle to maneuver them in tight spaces.  It'd be comical if it weren't so annoying.  That the "drivers" of these things usually wear ear protecting headphones, goggles and a mask should be all the self incriminating evidence needed to restrict or ban them.

And leaf blowers are even worse!  Yes, you struck a nerve, Hawk.  Apologize for being a bit off topic of OP post.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 08:22:34 AM by monkeybongos »
2014 BV 350  "IndiGO" (fast, strong and tireless)
2006 Honda Rebel 250  "Snow Leopard" (stealthy, agile and durable)
2018 Lance Cali Classic 200i  "Black Panther" (smooth, nimble, quiet and quick)
2016 Wolf V-50 (sold)

Wanted a Kymco, ended up w a Lance, but that forum is inactive, so I am here

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2023, 09:25:28 PM »
Been a dream of mine for over 20 yrs.  But the nightmare of obnoxiously loud mowers continues.  Will never understand why we so are tolerant of something so loud, foul smelling, dust storm creating and polluting, all while being unnecessary. 

Seems sit down mowers were designed for expansive lawns in mostly rural settings, but they're used all the time in small, urban/suburban yards where the morons using them struggle to maneuver them in tight spaces.  It'd be comical if it weren't so annoying.  That the "drivers" of these things usually wear ear protecting headphones, goggles and a mask should be all the self incriminating evidence needed to restrict or ban them.

And leaf blowers are even worse!  Yes, you struck a nerve, Hawk.  Apologize for being a bit off topic of OP post.
Many yards in my neighborhood are mowed by large riders.
They're finished and engine off in 10mins, compared to my 45++ with a 21" push.
Stig
« Last Edit: June 29, 2023, 09:27:12 PM by Stig / Major Tom »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()