Author Topic: Identify this model please  (Read 2361 times)

Cessna150

• View Profile
Re: Identify this model please
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2016, 10:19:07 PM »
So I can for sure invest time on it, but I don't know how much money I want to invest since you say it'll be worth $500 at the most.

What I got from you all, which by the way, y'all very helpful, I appreciate it, is:

1. It can't be Hotwired because it has a kick switch, I don't know anything about motorcycles, but I'm guessing it's one of those that I have to "pedal/kick" in order to start, am I right? So if I just jam a damn screwdriver and turn it then kick it, or I hot wire it and turn it then kick it, it won't start?

2. I also got from you that it'll never be street legal, because they're not giving me any paperwork
(They don't even want just to write a letter saying that I bought it legally, they just want to get rid of it, because their brother bought it just because, out of nowhere, and he was happy, but he never told them that he had cancer, so they hate everything he left behind from the time he started being careless) He had the Ducati and the Range Rover before cancer, he got the scooter after he found out he had cancer, he also quit his job and became happier, I give you back story because I know you all love Kymco, and this dude decided to spend the last of his years on one.

3. They don't have a price tag for it any more, they thought $400 but one of them thought it was unfair since it didn't have paperwork, so they just told me to figure out how much is worth, make an offer that's both fair for me and them, and tell them, and they'll agree.
If it was up to me I'll just offer them $100, but I respected the dude, and I respect his family, I don't want them to think I'm a low baller, and I don't want him to come out of his grave to haunt me for being cheap. Bottom line, how much should I offer, remembering it doesn't have paperwork neither keys.

Now I have more questions

1. How do I make it street legal, is there a cheap/easy way, without having any paperwork (I'm assuming it's not hot, he was a nice dude, but I'm also assuming Obama was on his first run last time this thing had tags, it doesn't even have a license, who knows where the heck it is, his family guesses that he knew he was just about to die so he wanted to give them one last headache throwing away paperwork and removing the license

2. How do I start it right now to see if it even runs! I don't want to invest money/time on a new starter before even knowing if it'll run! I just want to try it before I buy it

3. If I end up buying it, replacing the starter, and fixing minor flaws here and there, and then I just decide scooters are gonna kill me because I've never driven one, could I sell it? Could I "legally" sell it without the paperwork? Could I sell it but I first need to get the paperwork in order? For how much could I sell it?

4. Last question, happens to be the very first question I had in this forum, could anyone make a good guess of the Year and Model? Just make requests and I'll take pictures of specific parts, or just tell me where to look for the VIN, also, feel free to treat me like a 5 year old, someone said "flanks" and I have no clue what are those, so if you want a pic of the "flanks" you're gonna have to use plain english, cause I don't know motorcycle parts. I won't get offended.

Thank you all for your help, is the first time I join a forum just to ask a question and it actually gets answered, On all the other airplane forums they alsways answer "it's gonna be expensive" or "not worth it" or they just tell you how you're doing things wrong, instead of telling you how to do them right.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 10:23:10 PM by Cessna150 »

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2016, 10:28:51 PM »

get down low and look on the frame under the scooter,  both sides, some time it is under the seat,  on my scooter it is by the oil drain bolt,. 

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2016, 02:45:23 AM »
Finding the scoot's birthdate & model info.....lay on back with flaslight...look under bodywork along its hips...or flanks. There will be a silvery plate attached to frame with info stamped on it.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()