Author Topic: Won't run  (Read 1222 times)

docjones

• View Profile
Won't run
« on: June 24, 2010, 01:09:58 PM »
After R & R my rear tire I took my 125 out for a test ride. The new Michelin didn't cure my vibration or hop if you will but at least I got a new tire. The test ride was about a mile and the scoot ran without a hitch. Took a shower and got ready to go for a long ride. Scoot started right up as it always does but died after a couple of seconds, which it never does. Started again and died. Started again and rode a half a block with a lot of spudder and died. Wouldn't start after that. If I let it sit for a few minutes it will start but dies after a few seconds and then won't start again. I think the fuel line is pinched but after looking at it it doesn't seem to be. I had to move the airbox around to get to the bolt on the right side of the fender, to lift the fender slightly out of the way to get the rear tire off and on so I think something is pinched. Didn't have time to get into it last night because I was losing light fast. Just wanted to run this by you guys before I dive back into it tonight. Oh yea, I think the mile long test ride was just long enough to use up all the gas in the bowl. Also I have more than a half a tank of fuel. Help ! ! !
09 Agility 125

art

• View Profile
Re: Won't run
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 04:46:34 PM »
Trace your lines back from the petcock may have knocked the vac line loose.
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

marioG

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 08:31:26 AM »
Seems to me that you need to check hole bike....

something is getting lose....
FUBAR is an acronym that commonly means "f***ed up beyond all recognition/any repair".

grazo22

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 08:11:47 PM »
I would check the HT is actually on properly, check the connections of the coil to the loom as this has caused problems for me before. See if the CDI is plugged in properly and maybe give the plug a clean or replace as thats only a couple of pennies. A full service at a time like this is a good idea so atleast you know everything is as it should be, then you can start problem solving :)
Scooters are designed to be thrashed, you might as well test the design out :D

Always on the top speed run ;P

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()