Author Topic: Parts to have on hand?  (Read 723 times)

hypophthalmus

• View Profile
Parts to have on hand?
« on: June 25, 2014, 10:35:31 PM »
Since I need to take the exhaust off I'll be ordering some new exhaust gaskets / packing collars. The shipping cost is really high for such a small item though.

Is there anything else that's good to have on hand? Breaks, air filter, fuel filter, and a belt comes to mind as things to regularly replace. Am I missing anything?

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Parts to have on hand?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 01:25:07 AM »
You got the high points. Perhaps a couple valve cover gaskets, head light bulbs.

Does your model use an oil filter??  Lot's of those.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Parts to have on hand?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 02:27:12 AM »
Dude its expensive but you'll thank yourself later, FUEL PUMP!!!!! Dead in the water without it, mine went out with very little warning had to pay $60 for motorcycle rescue. Luckily my friend (P250 owner) had a spare. If you don't have one already a belt is nice to have on hand , I've shredded one at 10000km roughly. Air filters, nice to have one or two. Don't get the stock fuel filter, the mesh style racing fuel filters are better. Good luck
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()