Author Topic: Super 8 150 Adjustable Jet Needle  (Read 1349 times)

souzamoto

• View Profile
Super 8 150 Adjustable Jet Needle
« on: January 29, 2015, 02:04:36 AM »
Any of y'all know a source for an Adjustable Jet Needle for a Super 8 150?
No thanks, I don't want to use shims.
CS

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Super 8 150 Adjustable Jet Needle
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2015, 02:59:42 AM »
Look on jetsrus.com if they don't have it no one will. Btw shims are very cheap and work great, you shouldn't have to go more than .5mm up, each needle position gives you about that much.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2015, 04:58:43 AM »
Measure the stem end, and the total length w/ a pair of calipers.
It will be easier to match it if you have those numbers. I would call Benji from TreatLand He gets all my needles for me.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2015, 06:36:00 AM »
Look on jetsrus.com if they don't have it no one will. Btw shims are very cheap and work great, you shouldn't have to go more than .5mm up, each needle position gives you about that much.

B&L, have you ever seen the fixed head of the needle break off allowing the needle to drop out of the slide?

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2015, 09:16:56 AM »
Hmmm no never have, but i could see how that cast piece could. Did yours?
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2015, 10:18:01 PM »
If you're asking if that happens... Yes. I posted here about a needle that lost all of the slots, and was floating between the top, and bottom stops. About 1/4" of play up, and down.

If you are stating that as a reason Not to use shims... It's valid due to the pressure from the retainer. On the other hand the Sun could explode tonight, and we will all wake up to dark. Just sayin...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()