Author Topic: Windshield for Kymco Spade 150 (2018)  (Read 671 times)

w6euh

• View Profile
Windshield for Kymco Spade 150 (2018)
« on: January 29, 2023, 02:14:11 AM »
Hi, I recently got a 2018 Kymco Spade, and am looking for a suitable windshield/windscreen.

Those of you who have installed one, would you share some info, ideas and photos, please?

Are any windshields for other motorcycles compatible? (I'm aware that the issue would be most likely with the mounting hardware. I don't think I would do any modification or adaptation by myself, so "plug-and-play" options would be my preference.)

Thank you!

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
Re: Windshield for Kymco Spade 150 (2018)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2023, 10:36:18 AM »
Givi or Puig seem to be the go to manufacturers?  Good luck.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

w6euh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 02:22:56 PM »
Givi or Puig seem to be the go to manufacturers?  Good luck.

Thanks, Neil955i, for your suggestions!
I looked at several Givi and Puig windshields (and a few others), really liked some of their models, but ended up getting a National Cycle deflector with Quickset mount (if anyone is interested, for the stock handlebar I'm using the 7/8" model; fits very tight, but it works).

Not exactly the look I wanted, but I wasn't really sure what I wanted, to be honest. What I do really like is the handlebar mounting, especially the Quickset system.
Several of the windshields I was considering were designed to be mounted on the headlight (not the handlebar), but I didn't like that system.

Thanks again!

P.S. Photo shows my first attempt. Didn't like it, looked weird with that hump on top of the headlight. I ended up moving it a little up and backward.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2023, 02:29:28 PM by w6euh »

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2023, 02:55:54 PM »
Thanks for the update / feedback report, always good to hear what happened.  Screens are very much a case of personal tastes, I loved the protection offered by the barn door of a screen on my X-Town, but hated the look.  Now I've only got a small fly screen affair on my DTX, I love the look, but miss the protection the XT offered!  You can't please everyone all the time.

Enjoy your ride.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2023, 09:32:34 PM »
Talking about windshields and barndoors..
.....this bipart is still to be finished but both are approximately 80cm high.....
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2023, 11:38:15 PM »
Talking about windshields and barndoors..
.....this bipart is still to be finished but both are approximately 80cm high.....
Always curious of what the buffeting would be like behind some of those big screens. Especially the flatish ones - like wind coming around the side of a house, or behind a large truck?

It's not popular to ride the way I do, I know - preferring to take the wind on my chest and face. But then I rarely ride over 50mph.
Plus in bad weather I do not want the added mess on the windscreen to look through.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2023, 07:35:09 AM »
Always curious of what the buffeting would be like behind some of those big screens. Especially the flatish ones - like wind coming around the side of a house, or behind a large truck?

It's not popular to ride the way I do, I know - preferring to take the wind on my chest and face. But then I rarely ride over 50mph.
Plus in bad weather I do not want the added mess on the windscreen to look through.
Stig

Always a trade off Stig, I’m with you, far prefer to see the road ahead without it being through a secondary layer of Perspex.
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

klaviator

• Huntsville, Alabama
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2023, 10:53:33 AM »

Stig

I'm not a big fan of big wind screens either.  They often throw turbulence right at my helmet making for a noisy ride.  At speeds above 60 a small windscreen that take wind pressure off my lower chest is nice but I have not added a windscreen to a bike since back in the 90s when I bought a big screen for my BMW R1100GS.  I would mount that in the winter and take it off once it warmed up.  Then I moved South and never used it again. 
I Ride Therefore I Am

Rocket City, Al

Ruffus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2023, 10:32:00 PM »

Well, reason for this big "windshields or barndoors" is mostly from my side to keep socalled "historical" vehicles (older than forty years, recognized and registered in a federal register as being worthy to be called like that, reduced insurance and tax) in showroom condition.

Nowadays spreads this customing and chopping of e.g. MotoGuzzis into bobbers, brat style, coffee racer and others to undriveable outgrows.

Here im Italy sees nearly everyone himself, who is able to use a hacksaw, as a new Bertone or other famous vehicle designer.
The outcome is at least questionable.

This designers react very particular if I tell them upon a technical inspection that, they endanger their and others life with their unconventional remodelling, and this vehicle is not allowed on public roads.

For that reason I might stick to my oldfashioned restoring.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 10:41:43 PM by Ruffus »
Happy and safe scootering, Ruffus

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2023, 02:10:27 AM »
I've always liked a big windshield.  Just not fond of getting soaked while riding in the rain!  There's no buffeting with a properly-designed windshield with a flaired top, like the Slipstream models.  Never liked the custom-fitted types, some are really ugly.  And expensive!  So I buy an off-the-shelf Slipstream, and fab my own brackets.   

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()