Author Topic: Won't start  (Read 669 times)

Webbhw

• View Profile
Won't start
« on: December 19, 2014, 12:30:22 AM »
My super 8 150 won't start after being ignored for 6 months. I plan to drain the bad gas out tomorrow and clean the carb, sure that this will work. The question that is puzzling me is the book makes mention of pushing in the choke knob after extended periods on downtime but doesn't indicate where it is. Any idea where I can find this choke?

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
Re: Won't start
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 01:03:44 AM »
My super 8 150 won't start after being ignored for 6 months. I plan to drain the bad gas out tomorrow and clean the carb, sure that this will work. The question that is puzzling me is the book makes mention of pushing in the choke knob after extended periods on downtime but doesn't indicate where it is. Any idea where I can find this choke?

Haha that's classic Kymco owners manual, totally wrong. The choke is automatic so you can't choose when it comes on. 6 months and the carb is for sure plugged up, make sure you can see light through the idle jet, that's the most important and likely culprit. It's usually the only thing plugged up. You can use a very small strand of wire to clear it, sometimes carb clean will get it but usually it'll need to be manually cleared. You just want to see a pinhole of light through it. Good luck!
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()