Author Topic: well shoot - city grip II is a no-go  (Read 1012 times)

airshot

• View Profile
Re: well shoot - city grip II is a no-go
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2023, 10:39:50 PM »
You might try Walmart auto center if you have one.  The one in my area will mount most anything 10-15 bucks each. They have done my boat trailer tires, atv tires, anything I can carry in. I do always watch from a viewing area as there have been a couple they tried to mount backwards.....

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2023, 01:44:26 AM »
You might try Walmart auto center if you have one.  The one in my area will mount most anything 10-15 bucks each. They have done my boat trailer tires, atv tires, anything I can carry in. I do always watch from a viewing area as there have been a couple they tried to mount backwards.....

Thanks for the idea I will give them a call. I did call two tire stores I thought maybe ....anyway they said no they don't do anything that small. I know there's a shop that does the lawn power equipment I might give them a call but I will call Walmart tomorrow and see what they say thank you for the suggestion.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

aschrauth

• Have patience, Don't be in such a Hurry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2023, 02:09:20 AM »

I work for walmart tire and Auto center. The machines that we have are not equipped to handle motorcycles or ATV tires. Of course that is just my store, you would have to call around.
Kymco 125cc
Wolf Rx50 BBK 80cc

aschrauth

• Have patience, Don't be in such a Hurry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2023, 02:13:16 AM »
A hair dryer would work as well.  But if you're a bachelor there likely isn't one in the house.

Batchelor here :) I have a hairdryer. I tried it but it took forever to heat up the tire so I switched to the oven method that I discussed further in the thread.
Kymco 125cc
Wolf Rx50 BBK 80cc

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2023, 08:50:26 PM »
Batchelor here :) I have a hairdryer. I tried it but it took forever to heat up the tire so I switched to the oven method that I discussed further in the thread.

screw the hair drier, go with a heat gun https://www.lowes.com/pd/CRAFTSMAN-5100-BTU-Heat-Gun/1000896128
RandyO
IBA#9560

monkeybongos

• Tampa, Fl
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2023, 03:36:26 PM »
screw the hair drier, go with a heat gun

Good suggestion, randyo.  Will be needing to put on 5 tires this year, so worth getting (although I bought a less expensive one).
2014 BV 350  "IndiGO" (fast, strong and tireless)
2006 Honda Rebel 250  "Snow Leopard" (stealthy, agile and durable)
2018 Lance Cali Classic 200i  "Black Panther" (smooth, nimble, quiet and quick)
2016 Wolf V-50 (sold)

Wanted a Kymco, ended up w a Lance, but that forum is inactive, so I am here

wymple

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2023, 04:34:25 PM »
I put a City Grip 2 on the rear of my 500 late last year. It's nearing 2000 miles & still looks like a new tire. I'm pretty impressed.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()