Author Topic: Anyone found touchup paint yet?  (Read 6259 times)

deedah37

• View Profile
Re: Anyone found touchup paint yet?
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 08:27:21 AM »
I know this is an old thread but did anyone find a near equivalent To Downtown300 white. Feeble how did that turn out for you?

oldie ..I had talked to my local Kymco dealer about touch-up paint and he said it wasn't available for the Downtown!..i've got a guy who says he can get it for me if it's the correct color ill let everyone know.i should have it by the end of next week

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 09:10:53 AM »
I know this might sound crazy, but did you try nail polish? I had a scratch on the metallic gray seat pillion. Went to autozone and bought 3 different grays. When looking at the cap, it looks really close to the color, but when you spray it, it always dries different. I went to a local beauty supply store and found something, pretty close but not exact and it was only $2 or $3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

deedah37

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2016, 05:26:15 AM »
I haven't tried that yet, but thanks for the idea. I did try some white acrylic paint from craft store today. It was just too WHITE. I notice the Downtown has a little metal flake when viewed closely in direct bright light. Gonna be a little hard to match decently I think...I am open to all ideas.

Deedah

I know this might sound crazy, but did you try nail polish? I had a scratch on the metallic gray seat pillion. Went to autozone and bought 3 different grays. When looking at the cap, it looks really close to the color, but when you spray it, it always dries different. I went to a local beauty supply store and found something, pretty close but not exact and it was only $2 or $3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()