Author Topic: New Motoped  (Read 1379 times)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
Re: New Motoped
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 03:22:18 PM »
Pretty Neat...Wonder if the wood details are really wood or printed metal?  Looks very functional because everything is exposed.  Unfortunately not road worthy yet with lights and horn.  Then again information is sparse.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 01:41:15 AM »
You knew I would love that. Just my style...
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 12:40:01 PM »
You knew I would love that. Just my style...

I'd like to have one...maybe not that model , but- this one :
http://www.motoped-choose-your-adventure.com/blackops/

Have to see prices first.
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 01:36:03 AM »
I like it. Don't see a huge advantage over a dirt bike though. Not necessarily steel l street legal either.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 01:49:18 AM »
That's the POINT bro!

It's like platform shoes (the clear ones) full of joints. Just cause I can kinda thing.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 01:54:34 PM »
I like it. Don't see a huge advantage over a dirt bike though. Not necessarily steel l street legal either.

It is as street legal as a gas or electric powered bicycle .

zombie

• You never know do ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2015, 12:50:12 AM »
I believe that is yhe point of those designs. Because they are capable of moving under pedal power, they are technical Engine assisted bicycles, and fall under different rule sets. Unfortunately here in Fl. you can NOT drive those on public roadways.

Everything that has an engine MUST be tagged, and since these are not DOT approved, they can not get a tag.

Florida has some advantages, and some dis-advantages. One advantage (for me) is the cops are soooo sick, and tired of chasing me around that they just wave now. (8 year old plate on one bike, and 80mph for the other.) So technically, I could pull it off.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()