Author Topic: Helmet light  (Read 853 times)

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

2wheelfun

• View Profile
Re: Helmet light
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 08:26:10 PM »
Great idea, I'm for anything that increases your visibility.

Jeopardy4100

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2015, 07:14:28 AM »
They had very similar units, but not wireless, for snowmobiles over 10 years ago.

bluesin

• 2012 DT 300i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2015, 12:17:59 PM »
They had very similar units, but not wireless, for snowmobiles over 10 years ago.

Wireless is much more functional . I couldn't imagine having my helmet tethered to my bike.

Did the snomobile one(s) have turn signal capability , too ?

There is a wireless jacket (armored) with brake and  turn signals imbedded in the fabric, but- that limitsyou to only that jacket .
"There is a Fifth Dimension beyond which is known to Man. It is a Dimension as vast as Space and as timeless as Infinity......It is an area which we call 'The Twilight Zone' .   "Rod Serling

Fogie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2015, 03:43:40 PM »
I looked into a similar unit a couple of years ago. The problem it had was that the transmitter (that sends the brake signal to the light) was built into a special tail/brake light bulb that came with the unit; you had to use that accompanying bulb. This precluded the use of better (e.g. LED) bulbs, and to top it off, a replacement bulb was something like $50 or $60. Obviously, I decided to pass.
2012 Kymco Frost (Yager) 200i - Toronto, Canada

kingkymco125

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2015, 12:07:12 AM »
This helmet is perfect for Vegas. I see too many morons when I am in my car and bike that simply chose to not to be visible to the drivers around them.
David M.  Las Vegas, Nevada
New 2012 Kymco Agility 125cc bike

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()