Author Topic: Stalls after filling up gas  (Read 1776 times)

socalsurfrat

• View Profile
Stalls after filling up gas
« on: February 16, 2015, 05:11:24 AM »
Hey guys, so when I bought my 2006 kymco P250 the previous owner mentioned to be careful when filling up and not to fill it up to much or it'll get a vapor lock or something (im not savvy with carbed engines) and stall out right after a fill up for a short while.  So I've filled my bike up now 3 times and the first 2 times I tried to not fill it up as much, and it stalls if I let go of the gas anytime within the first 5 minutes of it running.  The last time I overfilled it almost to the point its about to spill out and it ran fine for 5 minutes then started to stall for about 1-2 minutes.  Is this normal for the P250 or do I have some issue I should look into?

TLRam1

• View Profile
Re: Stalls after filling up gas
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 08:46:29 AM »
The first fill up on my PS250, it was hard to start after I got home so I don't fill it up as much. There is a warning on mine mentioning filling to the neck.

Why yours is stalling, I don't know. 
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2015, 09:28:57 AM »
There is a vapor trap / air bleed system. When you over fill it creates vacuum inside the tank.
 Siphon out enough fuel to be an inch or so below full. That is the limit.
You Might have to follow the vent hose, and drain the fuel from the canister, and hose as well.
It's a PIA but... Lesson learned.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 04:39:12 AM »
Mine says

Do not fill into the neck, heat may cause expansion of fuel intro the evaporative emission control system and could result in hard starts or hesitation.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

BettinANDlosing

• Carter Merz
    • View Profile
    • Columbia Scooters
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 04:46:07 AM »
You can remove all the emission junk, and vent to atmosphere. I can fill my b&w to the very top no issues, and it has a long neck like the p250. I just made the vent hose higher than the highest spot in the tank\ neck to make sure it never spills, in a dry area of the scoot.
2002 Kymco B&W 300; MRP 78MM "300CC", Naraku cam, Yoshimura rS3 exhaust, 17g Sliders, Yellow torque spring drilled airbox, stock carb #115 main #40 pj.

2001 "Yamaha" Zuma AKA MBK Booster; MHR OverRange, Dellorto 19mm BHBG, Polini "big" intake, RS-3 Rear shock, Stock cylinder.

socalsurfrat

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 04:58:56 AM »
Nice I'll modify the tank in a few weeks to do this. It's seem dangerous to fill up the bike have it stall out while trying to get back on the road. Also you really can't see into the tank like I could on my old zx6r.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 06:16:53 PM by socalsurfrat »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()