Author Topic: Carb Replacement - can't identify  (Read 649 times)

aspira

• View Profile
Carb Replacement - can't identify
« on: May 28, 2018, 10:29:43 AM »
Hi

My carbs is broken and I've received a replacement but it looks slightly different.
Apart from the electric wire that connects to the enricher my existing carb has another cable electric cable that connects to the other end of the throttle shaft.
I can't find any information about what this is.

The replacement carb doesn't have this electric wire attachment - it's capped off.

Anyone got any ideas? Can I just install it and not connect this up?

I've added a couple of pictures so you can see what I'm talking about

Any help much appreciated

aspira

• View Profile
Re: Carb Replacement - can't identify
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 10:44:47 AM »
I've just been told this is for TPS.
The TPS provides input to retard the ignition when the throttle is opened, to prevent pinging. It allows the engine to run with advanced timing when the throttle is closed, improving efficiency.

I've never heard of TPS and it doesn't seem to be fitted to most Kymco 125s - does this mean I have the wrong carb or can I fit the new carb without connecting the TPS
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 10:50:10 AM by aspira »

KymcoBDA

• View Profile
Re: Carb Replacement - can't identify
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 09:09:05 AM »
You can fit the carb without using the TPS. I’ve done it plenty of times on the older model super 8 150, as they don’t have the a TPS connection on the wire harness. The carb you’ve  received is for the newer sports model super 8 125. But if you wish to make use of the TPS, you’ll have to change the wire harness to the same as the Super 8 125 sport model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()